Headlights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uk tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi all ,im from the uk i imported my tahoe from japan it had projector head lights fitted with hid conversion kits , ive just removed all the conversion kit as I purchased a new set of spyder headlights I had to buy new headlight wiring as they butcherd the original ones on the car to fit the hid kit ,

I've installed the new headlight wiring and spyder headlights and I've got nothing at all no lights working what so ever no low or high beams no day time no turn signal , ive checked where they spliced into some of the wires and there all fine no mixed up wires all where the should be colours to colours , all fuses checked none blown

I'm absolutely stumped obviously need it sorting asap so I can use the truck .

Any help be much appreciated

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea, pun intended, but have you checked for power at the light connections? If so, how much is there? I believe HIDs need resistors to work, are they in place? Hopefully some of the electrical gurus will chime in soon.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi all ,im from the uk i imported my tahoe from japan it had projector head lights fitted with hid conversion kits , ive just removed all the conversion kit as I purchased a new set of spyder headlights I had to buy new headlight wiring as they butcherd the original ones on the car to fit the hid kit ,

I've installed the new headlight wiring and spyder headlights and I've got nothing at all no lights working what so ever no low or high beams no day time no turn signal , ive checked where they spliced into some of the wires and there all fine no mixed up wires all where the should be colours to colours , all fuses checked none blown

I'm absolutely stumped obviously need it sorting asap so I can use the truck .

Any help be much appreciated
Not my cup of tea, pun intended, but have you checked for power at the light connections? If so, how much is there? I believe HIDs need resistors to work, are they in place? Hopefully some of the electrical gurus will chime in soon.
he will need a mutimeter to fix it something with conductivity test it's most likely incorrectly wired

OP
OP
U

uk tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Previous owners had mixed them all up to fit the projector head lights and hid kit they had installed , all fixed now had to make new custom harnesses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckner0121

Latest posts