Headlight switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuck Holl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ill try to keep this short. I currently have a 2012 SSV, 3rd one, the headlights do not turn on automatically. My prior ones they did. I have searched the threads found nothing. Do I need a new switch or this one just happened to be programmed a little differently.
Thanks
Chuck

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could try a new switch if it's not that then maybe the ambient light sensor is bad or a wire has been cut somewhere, this is when a tech2 would come in helpful.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s anything like my caprice it might have rpo code vss which disables auto headlights.

Edit: looks like the rpo code is 9G8 on ssv/ppv and was an option.

Last edited:

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s anything like my caprice it might have rpo code vss which disables auto headlights.

Edit: looks like the rpo code is 9G8 on ssv/ppv and was an option.
^^ This. Our 2012 Caprice doesn't have auto lights, and I think our '10 PPV doesn't either. I don't DD the Tahoe, though, but I'm pretty sure they're manual.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Pull into your garage with it set to automatically turn on. If your gauges come on and the lights don't, it's a programming issue. My have been deleted but when I go into the tunnel here in down town phoenix az my gauges will turn on but no lights. Go to a chevy dealer, go to a serviceprovider. Give him your VIN and he can pull your build sheet. If it was deleted it will say it.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull into your garage with it set to automatically turn on. If your gauges come on and the lights don't, it's a programming issue. My have been deleted but when I go into the tunnel here in down town phoenix az my gauges will turn on but no lights. Go to a chevy dealer, go to a serviceprovider. Give him your VIN and he can pull your build sheet. If it was deleted it will say it.
It’s also in the rpo codes in the glove box. No dealer needed.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory automatic/DRL delete. My Tahoe has it along with all NJSP Tahoes

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Headlights are controlled through the body control module. Supposedly the dealer can reprogram. I went once to ask them to turn on the auto lights but they said that they had to go to GM for some programming info. I never bothered checking back with them. I've embraced turning them on/off manually. My dash lights turn on and off via the light sensor though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos