Headlight Help: NO High Beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The instruction were pretty good .. Just had to make sure they were at
the 3 and 9 oclock position.. which they were...
Gonna take it out and drive it and see how they work tonight.
I hope I like them as they are a pita to change out again !!

With the LEDs you probably won't have any issues because they draw less amperage BUT I would probably check and clean the grounds down on the frame rails behind the bumper as these are for the headlights and can get corroded and cause bulbs to blow.

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL, Got them in .. The alignment was pretty easy... Thanks for the info on that.

I'm not really sure how much I like them.. Very White... Almost too much reflection
from the road with the dims on.. The brights seem kinda high..
I did adjust the housings just a bit upwards to try and reduce the glare from the
road right in front of the Yukon.
I'll have to drive a bit and decide if I want to go back to the regular H13/9008
bulbs

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WELL, Got them in .. The alignment was pretty easy... Thanks for the info on that.

I'm not really sure how much I like them.. Very White... Almost too much reflection
from the road with the dims on.. The brights seem kinda high..
I did adjust the housings just a bit upwards to try and reduce the glare from the
road right in front of the Yukon.
I'll have to drive a bit and decide if I want to go back to the regular H13/9008
bulbs

Yes, make sure that the headlight housings are adjusted to the correct height. The conversion to LEDs alone should not materially change the housing height adjustment, but perhaps, the housing height adjustment was not correct to begin with. Measure the height from the ground to the center of the LED popsicle stick. Then, on level ground measure out 25 ft. from the front of the truck, and measure the top of the light beam on the low beam setting, and adjust to the top of the light beam is at the same height at the height measure at the front of the truck. You can also drop the height of the top of the light beam as much as 1 inch down at the 25 ft. mark, if you want.

And, yes, if properly adjusted, the high beam light pattern will be significantly higher than the low beam light pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN