Headlight Bulbs (2018 Yukon XL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chauffeur808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
So I just bought a 2018 Yukon XL. I am planning to leave it stock as much as possible. The thing that kills me is the headlights and the fog lights make me disgusted. The color is so yellowish compared to the LED strip around the headlight. I do not want to go with HID (Been there, done that with my 2015 Tahoe), and don't wanna go LED cause I have done that too with crappy results. So..... did anyone buy and install replacement halogen bulbs that are whiter and close to the LED strip color? I also want to make sure that the bulbs don't throw any codes. (Chevy voided my warranty for certain items because of after market parts, and thats why I bought the GMC) Thanks in advance!

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine with LED kits for lows and fogs from carlightingdistrict.com and love the look and light they throw... I've tried em all through the years and didn't want to deal with the wiring of hid kits. Plenty of light and zero complaints!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
So I just bought a 2018 Yukon XL. I am planning to leave it stock as much as possible. The thing that kills me is the headlights and the fog lights make me disgusted. The color is so yellowish compared to the LED strip around the headlight. I do not want to go with HID (Been there, done that with my 2015 Tahoe), and don't wanna go LED cause I have done that too with crappy results. So..... did anyone buy and install replacement halogen bulbs that are whiter and close to the LED strip color? I also want to make sure that the bulbs don't throw any codes. (Chevy voided my warranty for certain items because of after market parts, and thats why I bought the GMC) Thanks in advance!

XD-PSX26W-LED PSX26W LED Bulb | 30W CREE Fog Light Bulbs
[LED Bulb Color:5000K]

Two years. No problem. Virtually a perfect match.

Xenon Depot.

yukonchief

Reaction score
To answer your question it will be very difficult to get the color your looking for to match the LED strip. Your best bet is the sylvania silverstar ultras but even those will not give you the color your looking for.

I went with Vanquish Auto HIDs for lows and LEDs for my fog lights. Like you I just couldn’t stand the yellow light it’s just dumb on GMCs part. I went with the vanquish because of the great reviews and the error free codes. They were super easy to install.....