Headlight Bulbs 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMAccessoryGuy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hoping someone can give me a personal review on some replacement headlight bulbs for their 2015+ Tahoe. I have a 2019 LS which we all know the headlights are awful. Looking to switch bulbs to LED's but can anyone send me a link to ones they have that are great quality and value?

Thank you in advance!

mborza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put in Philips Xtreme Vision halogens and they are significantly brighter than the standard stock ones. I’ve been hesitant to go LEDs because of the design of the non-LED projector.

Jason101

Reaction score
I swapped in LED's for both fog and low beam on my 17 LT (which OEM were terrible). Now, i feel they are better than that HID's in my wife's vehicle. The drivers side low beam was a 5 minute swap. The passenger side was a ***** (30 minute swap). You have to remove the entire air cleaner assembly. Fogs took about 15 minutes each as you have to take out a bunch of screws in the wheel well protection.

LED Lights 1 (Small).jpg

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put in Philips Xtreme Vision halogens and they are significantly brighter than the standard stock ones. I’ve been hesitant to go LEDs because of the design of the non-LED projector.

Used these in my 11'. Brighter than stock but only lasted ~10 months. Replaced with Auxbeam LEDs which have a much nicer 'look' but lack the proper throw distance of a halogen. I'd love a proper retrofit OEM HID.

Last edited:

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offence but I flash my high beams at the same trucks on the way to work every morning that have non-OEM LED headlights and also their huge LED bars. Those LED’s blind the hell out of me. Totally illegal. I wish the State Police would start enforcement of non DOT certified headlight modifications. They need special equipment to do this so that won’t be happening around here soon.

I’m all about extra light but not when it’s a serious safety hazard and blinds the corneas of oncoming drivers. Not cool when each of us are facing head on at 65-mph on a two-lane road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coupdevill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hoping someone can give me a personal review on some replacement headlight bulbs for their 2015+ Tahoe. I have a 2019 LS which we all know the headlights are awful. Looking to switch bulbs to LED's but can anyone send me a link to ones they have that are great quality and value?

Thank you in advance!

I have a set of High & Low Beam Cougar Motor (H11 & 9005) never used I'll sell for $55 shipping included. DM me!

dvpvic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I swapped in LED's for both fog and low beam on my 17 LT (which OEM were terrible). Now, i feel they are better than that HID's in my wife's vehicle. The drivers side low beam was a 5 minute swap. The passenger side was a ***** (30 minute swap). You have to remove the entire air cleaner assembly. Fogs took about 15 minutes each as you have to take out a bunch of screws in the wheel well protection.

View attachment 221116
So which brand did you end up going with, they look nice.

MuskyHunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed the Morimoto HID kit from TRS. Took about an hour to figure out the best mounting locations and get it installed. While my projectors were not designed for HID they are far less dirty light than the few LED bulbs I tried and they project significantly farther than the LEDs. So far very happy with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout