Headers+ORY, rear O2 sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emilime75

Reaction score
Looking to do a couple of things to an 05 Suburban Flex fuel. Intake, long tubes and an ORY to a stock cat back and then a tune. My question is in regards to the after cat O2 sensors.

I've read they can be eliminated via tune. What does that mean, exactly? Will there be any negative effects to drivability, MPG, codes, CEL?

My state requires annual emissions testing(OBD plug in) and I don't want to hurt drivability or fuel economy, this is my daily.

Thanks

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Removing 02 sensors can be done in a tune, however, should only be done on Off Road Vehicles, as you could be in violation of the EPA's Clean Air Act.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it simply means that via a tune, you can turn them off.
no negative effects, even if they are removed and not turned off.
if they are not turned off there will be a CEL and that will fail inspection, but there will be no performance issues.

Which brand LT's are you looking at?
Are you considering the 08-10 NNBS intake manifold?
It will give a big boost in power with your LT's.

OP
OP
E

emilime75

Reaction score
Speed Engineering is what I will most likely go with.
I didn't know the later intake manifold would be an upgrade. Would I have to change anything else along with the manifold? Are we talking any 08-10 NNBS or specific models/engines?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63