Headers on a 6.2L with Stock Muffler/Cat-Back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried going back to see if there was a pic pre rtv.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried re positioning the pipes today, made it even worse. I don't think RTV or putty will work because the collectors move around the joint. I think that's why my RTV didn't hold.

I could try using both the donut type clamp and the bolts.

Another thing I may try is sanding down the joints to make sure they're perfectly smooth. It's frustrating because the truck is running well aside from this.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all else fails, cut that joint off and weld on flanges for a V-band clamp and it'll never be a problem again.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all else fails, cut that joint off and weld on flanges for a V-band clamp and it'll never be a problem again.

Yup. Only reason I am resisting now is because they're Kooks. It's not supposed to be this way with the "quality" stuff LOL.

If they were the cheaper stuff I would have hacked them up already.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kooks isn't that great any more. I've had numerous fitment issues with them and do not recommend them any more. I only spend my money with ARH.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kooks isn't that great any more. I've had numerous fitment issues with them and do not recommend them any more. I only spend my money with ARH.

ARH ball sockets look the same to me on these headers though.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don’t leak though. I’ve never had to put anything on mine for them to seal.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frustrating, to say the least. I will go ARH from now on.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don’t leak though. I’ve never had to put anything on mine for them to seal.
I've not done that many custom exhausts. But these joints are supposed to be leak free without any sealant. I've actually cut off flanges and replaced with OEM spherical joints to get a better seal.

DRKN57

Reaction score
Good to know. They used to be good, at least they had a good reputation a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts