Header recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe and went with Kooks headers. I can feel a definite increase in power and really like the sound. Went with long tubes with x-pipe and true dual Magnaflows out the back.

the Kooks are not cheap, but the flanges are thick and the pipes are very strong. Here’s more information about what I installed.

Good luck with your build!

View attachment 263948 View attachment 263949
Kooks is a quality product. Get what you pay for. You should post a sound clip--for the ooohs and aahhs:D

OP
OP
Rollincoal

Rollincoal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A sound clip of those kooks headers would be nice. I have been looking at those. They are a little pricey, but with parts like that you get what you pay for. I’m sure they will definitely outlast cheap Chinese knock offs that you can get for less than two hundred bucks. My question is which ones to get ? I’ve noticed that they have different versions like race version and models that have egr, and a.i.r. What does that mean? Is that just bungs for the o2 sensors? Yukon has egr but I’m not sure on which model I need for the old Yukon? I’m debating on buying the lsx egr delete. Has anyone done that yet? Do you get a permanent cel light?

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do headers fit the original cats, or differs that per brand? Or is it better to take new cats when buying new headers? When looking @ Kooks for example, you can choose between none, race or ''green''. What does the green cats mean?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, LT headers wont fit orig cats.

green cats have a coating that gets applied to the substrate & have a higher cell count
supposedly, slightly better for environment (49 state [U.S.] EPA legal)
also not supposed to set off CEL

what kind of emission testing do yall have in NL?

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, LT headers wont fit orig cats.

green cats have a coating that gets applied to the substrate & have a higher cell count
supposedly, slightly better for environment (49 state [U.S.] EPA legal)
also not supposed to set off CEL

what kind of emission testing do yall have in NL?
Thanks for the reply. Well that is different per fuel type, and year of the vehicle. I don't know everything about it. At each MOT, each year, they will test it, so I think I will be needing green cats then. This is kinda the translating of our emission test system, but the numbers the car may produce, varies from the build years if cars:

Exhaust gases: Four-gas test and soot measurement
When a car undergoes an MOT inspection, the emission of certain gases is examined, among other things. These are the four-gas test and the soot measurement (for diesels). If certain gases or particles in the emission are too high, the car is rejected and the owner has to put the car in order. Sometimes this is easily achieved by adjusting or cleaning the car, but sometimes it is necessary to make more expensive repairs, for example to the exhaust. Then the car can be presented for retesting. This leads to approval and the car can be deregistered.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

EDIT: But the last years it was perfect with the stock exhaust :)

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, seems like green cats may be more friendly for your inspections