Header install/DTC Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your probably just hearing header ping, unless you wrap them in header wrap there is no getting away from it. every vehicle I installed headers on they have a certain amount of header ping. the heavier the metal of the tubes the less ping. I think it's a cool sound.

OP
OP
Decrow

Decrow

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Yeah, I too like the sound especially at low idle, sounds like I have an aftermarket cam installed.... which isn’t a bad idea!

MightyThor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP are you still enjoying your headers? have you done any other mods recently. i am debating on doing a full exhaust including headers on mine. thoughts currently are headers to 3 inch pipe and a flowmast. or headers and a true dual exhast with two flowmaster. what are your thoughts?

OP
OP
Decrow

Decrow

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm happy with the headers. I have not done anymore mods. I have almost 100,000 miles and still average 20 mpg. I was thinking if/when its time to rebuild the engine, installing L92 heads and intake, maybe a slightly modded cam. Would like to increase HP output but still keep MPG. When I first installed the headers I had a flowmaster with a turn down before the rear axle, and doing V4 mode I would get a droning noise. That lasted about 1 month, then I bought a GMPP Touring exhaust. No drone, and still have a nice exhaust note. It's all personal preference, dual might be nice (like the Escalade Platinum bumper exit).

MightyThor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would you happen to have the part number for the headers? did you leave the rest exhaust other than the muffler and resonator delete stock? If you installed the l92 headers and intake and slightly modded cam, how would that interact with the hybrid system? and do you think youi would need a tune for the truck the run correctly? I have yet to find anyone that can tune these trucks.

OP
OP
Decrow

Decrow

Reaction score
Stock heads are 5.3L, on a 6.0L block. It's been awhile, I think the headers are part number - JBA 1850S-2. The only stock section of exhaust is the Y pipe and Cat, all the rest was replaced with the GMPP Touring (Catback). Defiantly would need a tune for what ever I do.

redeknightjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure to get 3.5 DO NOT get the 3 inch since teh core is smaller.
Hey Tony what Magnaflow part # should I het for my 09 Tahoe Hybrid 6.0 engine? I already deleted the resonator and installed Volant CAI

1SG Retired

00 TAHOE LT "LUTHER"

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor the exhast should be 3.5 inches like on my escalade. I did the magnaflwo 3.5 inch in/out muffler and resonator delete and truck doesnt have headers yet but sounds great. ONe step up over stock on tone and no drone and deff increase in power. If you look at my escalade build thread you can see how the maganflow is str8 thru and the stock one is very restrictive.
I have magnaflow true dual 3.5 and now get backfire? Any idea what it might be Tony?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt