Header install/DTC Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Decrow

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Today I installed JBA shorty headers. After install on test drive I noticed the check engine light on. I also noticed the car would not switch into Hybrid mode at low to no speed. I got back home and checked the code, this is what came up. P0AC4 (Hybrid powertrain control module requested mil illumination), second code after recheck, P0C2B (Auxiliary Transmission Fluid Pump Control Module Feedback Signal). I cleared the codes and will wait to see if they come back. Still ideling for 10 min car would not go into electric mode.

Has anyone else experienced these code, or even put headers on there SUV. Not dicconecting anything but the exhaust manifolds to install the headers, could/would they be the cause of this issue.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

UPDATE: After clearing the codes, waiting 1/2 hr and restarting the car engine light was back on. I went on a approx 20 mile drive (mixed freeway & street) wathing my drive system graphic. Electric assist does work, Autostop does not. When I got home, I rechecked the codes, and its the same ones. P0AC4 & P0C2B. Going to take it to dealer tomorrow unless someone has experianced this and has a easy remedy.

Thx

OP
OP
Decrow

Decrow

Reaction score
UPDATE 2:
I took the car to the dealer and they read the same codes, but determined it was due to "No power at the control module". The tech found a loose connection in the engine bay (obviously it happened durring the Header install), I'm glad it was nothing major. I will post pics of the header install soon. I am also going to install a Volant CAI (its on back order).

09tahoehybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 2:
I took the car to the dealer and they read the same codes, but determined it was due to "No power at the control module". The tech found a loose connection in the engine bay (obviously it happened durring the Header install), I'm glad it was nothing major. I will post pics of the header install soon. I am also going to install a Volant CAI (its on back order).

Great news indeed! You have to post a video of the hoe with the new headers :Handshake:

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Ditto! Looking forward to any pics and video that you may have!

OP
OP
Decrow

Decrow

Reaction score
Here are some pics, I hope they went through.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Passenger Stock EM thru Wheel Well.jpg
    Passenger Stock EM thru Wheel Well.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 306
  • Passanger side complete.jpg
    Passanger side complete.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Passenger side comparison.jpg
    Passenger side comparison.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 302

09tahoehybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Im excited to hear what they sound like. Is the rest of your exhaust stock, or are there other mods?

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that looks like a night and day difference between stock. Im sure she breathes a lot more freely now. Def subscribed for sound clips!

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like that should open her up a bit! What a difference!

OP
OP
Decrow

Decrow

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your posts.
The only other mod to the exhaust (at the moment) is the rear resonator delete. The sound was slightly deeper, but to noticeable enough to post videos. Last night I received the Volant CAI, which I'll install this weekend (if it fits).

I want to see if there is any major negative MPG effects from the headers first. So far there is none. As for positives, I perceive better throttle response and acceleration especially passing speeds 50 - 80 MPH.
I'm not doing this for the HP gains as much as I am doing for the MPG gains. I currently average 22 MPG on a daily 50 mile mixed drive of HWY (some heavy traffic) and side streets including hills. If I can average 23-24+ I would find the money spent worth it. Especially with current gas prices. Now the extra HP and torque gained is definitely welcomed with open arms and a cold beer :cheers:

I don’t know if I‘m the first to install heads on their Hybrid, but I know I’m not the last. Being in CA header options are limited; otherwise I would have installed Long Tubes. I have even thought about installing an electric cutout, but I will defiantly get rid of that stock muffler. JBA offers a Cat-Back system for $500 (maybe cheaper if I shop around), and 8mm ignition wires. I have even thought about the STS Turbo system, or the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger (thumbs up to simplicity in this design and install). The Supercharger wouldn’t be too far out of line the Porsche cayenne Hybrid has one.

Over all, the header install was pretty straight forward. Anyone with basic car knowledge should be able to do this. It took me approx 5hrs (1hr trying to find a jack that worked, and the appropriate wrenches). Another part that was time consuming was reattaching the down pipe; it didn’t want to go back on without persuasion.

When I finally install the CAI I will post more pics.

For anyone thinking of installing headers, I would be glad to answer any questions you may have.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review man.. Looking forward to the pics of the volant along with further impressions. I will be looking into some long tube headers down the road. A supercharger would be awesome man! If you pull that off your hyhoe would be a straight beast!