Head lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ang2bmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is our first vehicle with led lights and we had a problem last night with them getting covered with snow and ice. I presume this is because they don't emit heat like the old style. Is there anything we can put on the head light to prevent this from happening like a de-icer or something?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about a vehicle with OEM LED headlights, or are you talking about a vehicle that has been converted to LED headlights?

OP
OP
A

ang2bmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Regular stock led headlights.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RugbyRef

Reaction score
@ang2bmd - I've encountered this before as well. I use either WD40 or Pam cooking spray on the front and back lenses. You don't need to put a lot on...just enough for a good coating. I have never had any lens or paint discoloration as a result of using either of these products. If you Google it (as I did), you'll find most are in agreement.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a spray on detailing solutions will also work well. basically anything that gives them a hydrophobic coating will be a great help. keeping them clean aswell along with said solutions. road grim can still stick to them and will hinder any hydrophobic action as the dirt ans grim will hold the water in place and allow it to freeze.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've "always" put Nu Finish car polish on pretty much everything, including the headlights. Protects from UV and keeps them looking new for years. I also think it helps with bug removal, as it seems they are slightly easier to rub off.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use Rejex. Bugs won't even stick to it. It was designed for the military to keep staining off military planes. It is not durable and needs to be reapplied often but it is super slippery once on. Trust me I own a white Corvette :) LOL I always but a coat onto the front of my vehicles before a long trip. The bugs rinse right off when we wash it.

http://rejex.com/rejex-high-gloss-finish-that-protects/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep