HD Conversion anyone?helpp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to this form. I have a 2001 tahoe with an offroad front bumper if I want the hd grill do I have to do anything or is that just for stock bumpers.

You may want to start a new thread asking that question instead of posting it in a 5 year old thread! Most importantly you will also get better responses if you post good pics of that bumper

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to this form. I have a 2001 tahoe with an offroad front bumper if I want the hd grill do I have to do anything or is that just for stock bumpers.
Off road bumper doesn't matter, same as a regular tahoe bumper. You would need to reweld the frame horns 1.5" lower to fit the grille and bumper cap. Otherwise you can just trim a "1 Off the grille to fit the stock bumper like what I did and also what @Tonyrodz did 20171015_165305.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Crazy. Lol
Yea, I wanted to do the HD conversion till I heard you had to mess with the frame, I said nope I'm good.
Get in a wreck and kill someone and investigators see your frame horns have been moved you're now facing manslaughter charges.
Lol ok that's a bit extreme, but still possible.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, I wanted to do the HD conversion till I heard you had to mess with the frame, I said nope I'm good.
Get in a wreck and kill someone and investigators see your frame horns have been moved you're now facing manslaughter charges.
Lol ok that's a bit extreme, but still possible.
But could you cut 1.5” off the bottom of the bumper cap?