HD Conversion anyone?helpp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense taken Mike. I was really just trying to oversimplify an idea so the OP and other readers could understand.

Here's what I was saying. As a business your goal, in the simplist sense, is to generate profit, not just revenues. With this goal in mind the business (to be referenced as "you" from now on), will take work where your costs/expenses are covered by the amount charged. Initially, one might consider employee time, costs to keep the facility open (power, lights, rent, etc) as the primary expenses. However, good will in the community and potential liability are variables also to be considered. That being said, someone may offer you $50,000 to burn tires in your parking lot, which seems like easy money. But if you were caught, you may face $75,000 in fines and the potential loss of your license to operate at your current location. On the other hand, if you are altering the safety equipment that came on the vehicle, it may be profitable as far as labor and time, but it could open you up to liability down the road if the driver were to get into an accident. Both of these would skew the cost/benefit away from your benefit.

As it seems you have much more experience in the auto repair industry than I, you can understand that a job that seems exceedingly simple, but as you noted, is a "waste of time" would imply that there is no benefit in doing the work.

All this seems to be a very long winded way of saying that by whichever method these businesses determine profit, this is not a profitable job and they would rather turn it away.

Back to the OP, no harm in asking everyone. Ask anyone in sales, it takes 7-8 NOs to get to a YES.

Thanks alex, dont mean any harm, or anything, just like hearing everyones opinions, one learns something new everyday. But i do understand you quote now. Where were you, when i was in accounting class? lol. but very true what you say. Applying it to any form of business. All out for profit.

The truth is, OP, what alex says is the truth, which i think i said also, its not a profit making thing for them. But eventually someone will say yes.

:Handshake: Hope you find a place. Do you have the grille yet?

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Back to the OP, no harm in asking everyone. Ask anyone in sales, it takes 7-8 NOs to get to a YES.

Thats for sure I got several new places lined up now so we'll see..ordering new parts from lmc arms and horns bolts too while I'm waiting looking for shops...found some guy who works at the dealer I used to go to to get work done...apparently he's into custom work and what not
Sent from my Samsung Fascinate Via Verizon 3G.

Last edited:

LOUDHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
n1192651450_30877794_8945.jpg

This thread right here will tell you everything you need to know!

http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=18572&hl=

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Theres more than one way to skin a cat tho, i've seen it done other ways.

W33man, where did you find this pic? any idea how they mounted the grille

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
W33man, where did you find this pic? any idea how they mounted the grille

The link he has is the thread link on the how to....but basically he trimmed the lower edge of the grill 1.25" off and from there is the same fittings as the stockers on our rigs!

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

What's the news?

Talked to an owner of Big Time Kustomz....he said they'll do it...comes into my worke alll the time so maybe ill get a discount this is also a new shop there other one is in long island.....I can probably take a good amount of pics and give them the before andf afters and theyll cut me a brake since there site is new...itd be a pretty badass thing for them as there first mod in there new location!...BUT if that falls through im going to this gm guy...he will paint my hood and cap for cheap

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Getting close I can smell it I received my grill today brand new only costed 134 with shipping and handling!!!

What do you guys think black HD bumper cap or color matched HD CAP!??
45733273-c895-d8b8.jpg

45733273-c8ba-8ada.jpg

Beasting Bozman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to this form. I have a 2001 tahoe with an offroad front bumper if I want the hd grill do I have to do anything or is that just for stock bumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep