Having major trouble with a dealer. Anyone have any advice on how to proceed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They 100% lied. Today it occurred to me that it was the first day they have ever looked at the vehicle. And the reason I know that is because I get notifications from OnStar saying my vehicle is getting diagnostics ran on it. Today is the first day that I received those notifications l and I revived them each time they tested something on the vehicle.

Lo and behold they actually moved my vehicle into the bay today and worked on it! And guess what, it was fixed within a few hours. The General manager called me and apologized for what had happened and said there would be no charge for the service. He said this was on them and that it wouldn’t happen again.

So I guess it paid off going to the GM.
Glad it worked out. And sorry that you had to deal with that complete lack of customer service.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The General manager called me and apologized for what had happened and said there would be no charge for the service. He said this was on them and that it wouldn’t happen again.

So I guess it paid off going to the GM.
Does your vehicle have over 36k miles? Been a 2021 model I would have assumed the vehicle was under the factory warranty. Why would you pay anything?

I be damn if I take any vehicle back to those yahoos. Next time take it to a Cadillac dealer, their customer service it's a day a night difference from a Chevy dealership

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your vehicle have over 36k miles? Been a 2021 model I would have assumed the vehicle was under the factory warranty. Why would you pay anything?

I be damn if I take any vehicle back to those yahoos. Next time take it to a Cadillac dealer, their customer service it's a day a night difference from a Chevy dealership

No, its unfortunately over that with 46,000. I'm in sales and I drive a lot.

I will actually do that, thank you!

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kind of makes you wonder how much longer it would have sat there IF you had not gone to the MANAGER
image that huh
That's why i said this in post #24:
I don't do 'blown off'. By the third business day, I'd have been sitting in the office of the dealership's General Manager or Owner.
But then I kind of backed out of the thread.