Have Dyno numbers for you!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
Had a free Dyno Day today put on by some friends of mine that built my Evo prior to my serious accident last June.

Anyhow, I was peer pressured into throwing the Tahoe on the dyno to see what she does before I order my charger from Black Bear this summer.

It is a DynoComp Dyno that is known throughout Colorado as being the HeartBreaker because no one likes to dyno on it and see their real numbers.

Keep this in mind.

She has an AirRaid intake tube, KN panel filter, 90K mile spark plugs and wires (changing on Monday), 91 octane and a BB tune for 91 octane. I am also at 6300 feet elevation (thin as hell air).

She pulled 213.9whp (in 2wd mode) and 239.4 wtq. A lot of the guys were impressed.

To compare to another dyno in the area. A buddy of mine pulled 504whp in his Evo last week at another dyno and today's dyno showed 414whp for the same car.

What do you think?

-Erich

Edit: Correction factor was 1.12

Last edited:

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Seems about right. Im guessing 320hp at the crank and idk 30% drivetrain loss is 220whp. 96hp is lost through the trans.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty good numbers there Erich, considering the altitude. You'd have 20% more power at sea level.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeze, well my stock 5.3 made 270whp/290wtq in 90degree heat last summer on a dyno jet.

On any other dyno it probably would have been closer to 245hp. DynoJets are good for comparing to DynoJets only due to their inflation factor.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those numbers = OUCH! I don't suppose you have pre and post tune numbers for a 6.2? If I ever get the damned transmission working right, I will be getting a programmer/tune. I was hoping for well over 300 RWHP stock, and hopefully, at least 20-30 RWHP gain after tuning? Any special instructions to the dyno guy to do this? I'm guessing traction control off and trans in manual running up in 4th gear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442