Have '02 Yukon - Need to Swap In Leather Seats - How New can I source?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the truck front seats will work(non bench) but the backs are definitely different. The guy that sold me my parts Tahoe is gonna try to put a Tahoe back seat in his extended cab
Not saying they won’t ‘bolt in’ but 00-02 are exact bolt in and electrical wise, 03-06 will bolt in but electrically things changed but you can get the seats to move (nbs) 07-14 are new body style so its a diff seat without seat belts(nnbs) 99-00 z71, esky and denali are old body style(obs) 00 tahoe and yukon short and long are new body style (nbs) this all looking at direct bolt in no problem view, that being said i know you can put a seat from a ******* 79 monte carlo if you wanted, anything is possible...

OP
OP
L

Lew Schiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe the truck front seats will work(non bench) but the backs are definitely different. The guy that sold me my parts Tahoe is gonna try to put a Tahoe back seat in his extended cab

I'm not going to replace my rear seat. Absent some unexpected circumstance it will spend the rest of its life folded down.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring isn't a concern as long as I have the proper connector and a diagram - I have a solder gun and a willingness to use it :).
I understand your point, but I'd need to replace both back and bottom. I also want to change into captains style seats as I don't need the center seat and would prefer to find or fab a center console that provides more storage options.
Another thing you can do is unbolt the seat frame with foam and leather from a newer style and bolt it down to your frame that's probably the easiest way and it's just two small bolts up front and then you lift it up a little bit and slide it forward the bottom will pop off unplug the wires the tops a little more tricky you take out the one bolt on the side and then you have to peel up the leather pretty high and there's two bolts that hold it to the frame take those two out turn it slightly and pull up and it pops off then you could just slide it down onto the other seat track and be good to go that's what I did on mine I did a mixture of both things. As far as captain seats go they bolted right in didn't have to do anything but after I got it all said and done I bought new phone from the seat shop and covers and found out they're way overpriced as well as all the other ones on eBay r because there's places if you look up Chevy Tahoe complete interior kits or something on that guidelines places pop-up that'll sell you front and back leather seat covers for like six to nine hundred bucks depending on what you want I wish I would have just done that because now I need the seat module off of a 02 and can't find one anywhere and they don't make it

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Covers never are. I'd like to upgrade to newer seats as mine, being 16 years old, have lost some of their cushion support - although not as badly as other vehicles I've owned.
I am aware of this thread -
00-02 to 03-06 seat swap??? - and am watching it but I really would like to know if I can go up into the later year ranges.
You can always put any seat you want in it. You just have to build a new track for the frame to bolt to that's up to you in your choice of what you want to do don't let any of these other people tell you something can be done. I put the whole interior out of a Escalade in the mine after like three people on here said it can't be done we guess what it's done LOL that's one thing I can't stand about these forms as people will sit there and tell you you can't do something or how to do something and they are completely wrong just giving out false and bad advice that drives me crazy. As far as the newer seats go I don't know if I put a newer style Chevy seat in mine because my brother has a 2014 and the seat is skinnier. I'm not sure where you're from but where I'm from Arizona on offer up their seats all over the place for anywhere from 50 to 500 is set same thing goes with captain seats you could get those for the same price range check out www.bestleather kits.Com I haven't ordered anything from there but their prices are really cheap for complete sets and you could customize them a little bit to what you want and I haven't even heard anybody bring them up yet there's a few different ones some of them get up to in the $2,000 range though

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts