Has your 2015+ running boards developed stains?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else's 2015+ running boards developed whitish splotches or stains? I've kept mine clean and conditioned but more and more of these stains are appearing.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post some photos. Have you tried any plastic trim restoring products? Chemical guys make some fantastic products for plastic trim.

OP
OP
jem556

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than soap and water, I've only teated them with 303 Protectant. Will post some pics when I return from a trip in a week.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chemical guys makes a a trim and tire gel protectant product that works as a restore as well. You should look it up. I’ve been playing with it all week after grabbing it from CG and it’s pretty awesome.

bowdown916

Reaction score
Some spots on my 2015,both sides..looks like big water spots but they wont go away.

OP
OP
jem556

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like something dripping down from inside the door jams that has stained...

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soap and water to clean and then dry is the best...no dressings or treatments should be done as most are chemical based and could react to contaminated water splashing from a gutter dip...that water could have something in it during runoff from who knows where and when you drive though and the tires kick it up and it splashes on the boards it can stain or have a reaction if it is coated with something. I always just stick to soap and water only. Just my 02!
For sure the dealer will say you or your car wash put something on it. I always tell the car wash guys no dressing...not even the tires as that stuff just flies off on to the boards and leaves dark spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep