Has anyone used airlift 1000 kit with Moog 81069 springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Wondering if the kit recommended for stock is the same airlift kit that I would use with Moog 81069 springs?

Thanks!

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I used that same setup on my old 01 Yukon and worked don’t see why it wouldn’t work on newer models.

OP
OP
PWMac

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering because I read some posts where people reported the bags weren't opening fully. I emailed, called and used their web site tool and have gotten different answers. I took the measurements without load and my y = 4.5" and x = 10.5"

Recommendations received
Stock 60769 5" x 10"
Phone representative 60912 4" x 11"
Web site tool and email 60917 4.5" x 10"

unnamed.png

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the 81069springs and the 60769 bags. The bags are shorter and wider than the springs. They will work but I would have wanted the bags thinner and longer. From what I can remember I would have gone with the 60912 because they were a tight fit getting them in the springs. I even installed them in the springs before I put them in the vehicle so I had more room to work with.

contraption22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So has anybody tried the 60912 or 60917 kits with the Moog Springs? I just put Moog 81069's on my 2007 and they raised the rear about an inch and a half unloaded, but with my trailer hitched up with proper tongue weight, she sags more than with the original springs. Now I am shopping for air bags.

Rob88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried to install airlift 60769 with my Moog 81069 springs and I couldn't get the bags to open up completely. I was installing them with the springs outside the truck and repositioned the bags several times as well as using air to try to make them conform. Not happening. I don't know if Moog has some odd manufacturing tolerances or different suppliers, but those bags won't work for me.

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to install airlift 60769 with my Moog 81069 springs and I couldn't get the bags to open up completely. I was installing them with the springs outside the truck and repositioned the bags several times as well as using air to try to make them conform. Not happening. I don't know if Moog has some odd manufacturing tolerances or different suppliers, but those bags won't work for me.
I had the same issue as I tried installing them outside of the Yukon. The original coil was wider and shorter than the 81069 spring I replaced it with. I finally got them straight “enough” and just left them in and has been running them for at least 5000 miles and have had no issues. I’ve had more miles towing a travel trailer than not towing anything and been fine.
I will say I installed some in a Jeep Wrangler 4 door and after I jacked it up so the coil was extended more they slipped right in.
I know you can contact them with the size of the coil and they can recommend the size that will fit. I didn’t have the option at the time because I was heading on vacation soon and didn’t have time to try to replace them with better fitting ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts