Has anyone tried these rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
hitch to spare tire clearence 031.JPG View attachment 210528 no relocation brackets i didnt go with the eradispeed-i opted for the 08 tahoe uprade to a 13 inch rotor and caliper.your advice made perfect sense about the pad area and the rotor diameter no being used.If the pads are for a 13 inch rotor its no more effective on a 15 inch rotor.The rotor miight run cooler but i didnt see much advantage for twice the price.I did notice alot more pad surface area is being used on this kit-i like that.The braking on this thing is massively better and im thankful to all for your comments on how to slow this heavy girl down.View attachment 210528 hitch to spare tire clearence 054.JPG hitch to spare tire clearence 050.JPG

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 210513 So i got the tahoe back today-and all i can say is finally thank god i have great brakes now.They checked everything and found a tiny bit of air in the rear brakes they said.I put the power stop calipers on from a 08 tahoe and the baer sport brake kit with their pads on.It feels like a different tahoe.Here is the link for anyone that is looking to upgrade their front rotors.https://www.autoanything.com/cart
Your contact area looks just like mine now. It swipes the entire rotor. I don't think the contact area was supposed to be so low. Old calipers were probably a problem too. Glad u got it fixed..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 210533 View attachment 210528 no relocation brackets i didnt go with the eradispeed-i opted for the 08 tahoe uprade to a 13 inch rotor and caliper.your advice made perfect sense about the pad area and the rotor diameter no being used.If the pads are for a 13 inch rotor its no more effective on a 15 inch rotor.The rotor miight run cooler but i didnt see much advantage for twice the price.I did notice alot more pad surface area is being used on this kit-i like that.The braking on this thing is massively better and im thankful to all for your comments on how to slow this heavy girl down.View attachment 210528 View attachment 210551 View attachment 210552
It is more effective since it is now applying force farther away from the center of the rotating rotor. Laws of physics prove this. Similar to using a 8 inch ratchet vs a 14 inch ratchet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods