Has anyone had trouble with the new Massachusetts Inspection regulations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBScenity

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
October 1, 2017 Massachusetts rolled out new, stricter vehicle inspection regulations which includes video monitoring by a third party so you can't have a buddy just slap a sticker on for you anymore. That said, MA has pretty strict regulations on vehicle ride height, forced induction, mods to your EGR system, etc. I've got a laundry list of modifications I want to do to my 2005 Z71 but I'm trying to figure out if anyone has had any trouble getting stickers - I'd hate to drop big $$ on a lift kit to have to take it back off. Any horror stories (or success stories)?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, Florida. I was in effect giving this thread a bump with my funnin' comment and doing it again right now. There's gotta be some guys around here that say "cah"!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow and I thought California’s vehicle restrictions were bad.... I at least don’t have any inspections when it’s time to renew my tags.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NY started the video thing 10 yrs ago-ish... its a novelty and will wear off in year or 2 then ‘inspectors’ will start slacking off and youll get by. Jan ‘17 NY just started enforcing tint laws at inspection stations that have been on the books for years but never really taken seriously... certain places care others dont... until they are fined... this too shall come to pass

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on anything 2000+ all they do here is plug it in the computer, look underneath to be sure you have cat's and 02 sensors, if there's no codes it passes and your on your way, they could care less about anything else. and this is bi-annual or whenever you sell/transfer, also if you show you spent at least $500 trying to fix it you get a one time pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094