Has anyone done a full interior color change?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See I had an extra set and I was going to do on myself as well and took the light thing out of it and try to take it apart but that ****** is fused together so it would not open ended up breaking the shit out of it

Yeah gotta take your time and use long sharp scraper to tap through the seam. It’s a pita

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah gotta take your time and use long sharp scraper to tap through the seam. It’s a pita
I see. So after you get it open how do you seal it back shut? And is worth having replace doing for $200 pain in the ass or not that bad?

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. So after you get it open how do you seal it back shut? And is worth having replace doing for $200 pain in the ass or not that bad?

I guess that all depends on your patience level and your ability to plastic weld and hot glue

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the non Denalis are the same but I redid my Denali headliner in tan suede as well as tan suede in the door inserts and suede with diamond stitched inserts in the seat centers and on the console top. The visors are a pain in the ass but don't need to be cut apart. I took the mirror and visor extension out of it and glued the material to most of the visor. Then took a head liner tool (looks kind of like a paint scraper but slightly thicker with rounded corners) and used it to CAREFULLY tuck the material into the edge. It took a while and I used a spray silicone so the tool doesn't cut into the material. I took an extra piece and wrapped it to make a new ticket holder on the end. Once it was covered I put the mirror and visor extension back in. It looks just like factory. One thing that may have helped is I work at an upholstery shop so I do have some experience in this.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Not sure if the non Denalis are the same but I redid my Denali headliner in tan suede as well as tan suede in the door inserts and suede with diamond stitched inserts in the seat centers and on the console top. The visors are a pain in the ass but don't need to be cut apart. I took the mirror and visor extension out of it and glued the material to most of the visor. Then took a head liner tool (looks kind of like a paint scraper but slightly thicker with rounded corners) and used it to CAREFULLY tuck the material into the edge. It took a while and I used a spray silicone so the tool doesn't cut into the material. I took an extra piece and wrapped it to make a new ticket holder on the end. Once it was covered I put the mirror and visor extension back in. It looks just like factory. One thing that may have helped is I work at an upholstery shop so I do have some experience in this.

Brent do you mind posting some pictures of the pieces you re did with suede?

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a few photos of them please. And did you remove the old material first? Mine have the slide out extension on the inside of both of them so that's just more shit to go around lol

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know anything is possible now!! Just talked with s guy here in az that is selling a 2003 tahoe and he had installed the interior out of a 2008 in his 03. Full working interior. I'm talking complete dash , door pannels, everything, gauge cluster, and all the eletrical works . It just takes time but anything is possible to do if you have the skill set. So dont let anyone else tell you it can't be done

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got to see if I have any. I've been slacking on pics of all my projects lately. If not I'll try and get some in the next day or so.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got to see if I have any. I've been slacking on pics of all my projects lately. If not I'll try and get some in the next day or so.
Sounds good thanks man! I'm going to start posting photos on everything that I do as well that way people have them to look at for reference.