Has anyone done a 2015 Tahoe front end conversion on a 2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have completely different radiator supports and dimensions/shape you’d need to do a lot of trimming, measuring, leveling, fitting, custom mounting supports you could probably remove the serpentine belt/radiator label plastic emissions label thingy and use those holes as a mounting point. You would probably have to extend the 15 front end by a good amount to clear some areas around the bumper unless you wanna chop the frame and by all intensive safety purposes, don’t. You’ll need bigger tires and to modify the rear wheel wells because the front wheel wheels on the new front end will be much bigger and more squared. After you deal with all the aesthetics now you need to deal with headlight mounts. You would have to probably AGAIN drill into the radiator support , tons of chopping, fabricobbling more to get the headlights mounted let alone making a wiring pigtail adapter for lighting features that didn’t exist on 2008 models. The new headlights go much deeper in than the older headlights hence some reason for extending the front end. It won’t be a walk in the park but with decent tooling and measuring/ cardboard aided design (CAD for not rich folk) it’s definitely possible as long as the factory headlight harnesses supply enough voltage. This wouldn’t just be a drill a couple holes and screw it together and plug the wires together job.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was me it’d definitely be possible but you need a lot of stuff like knowledge of electrical systems and what wires do what so you can make a adapter for the lights. And general body shop experience/kit car building experience.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 15’ front end is 5”+ longer than the 08’ so you might be able to just make basic mounting hardware/framing, then you’d just need wiring harnesses just off the top of my head.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit : replace everytime I said 2008 with 2007 they have the same stuff front end so no issues/differences there for a 15 front end mount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons