Has anybody ever replaced their antenna wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Time2Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya on learning the hard way. I tried the fishing trick and it somehow got stuck to where I had to pull the fish line off and now I'm stuck with an open hole and no antenna. I'm debating whether to spend a day trying to push the wire through or say screw it and go with the hidden antenna now.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

Thanks again for the info guys! I'm just gonna say screw it and buy the hidden antenna and be done with it.

If you have a second person to help, you should be able to fish the wire thru where the second person can grab it from the inside. That's how a friend and I did it, just prepared for lots of trial and error. :throw:

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success replacing their radio antenna? My antenna broke on my 01 Tahoe. I took half the dash apart and put some string on the cable before pulling it out of the firewall but the string broke. The hole seems like it's right behind the heater core. Now I have a new radio antenna that I can't feed inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm6t