Has anybody cut their Mcgaughy 5” Tahoe Springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ambitious02

Reaction score
What’s up guys probably a dumb question so take it easy on me haha! But had anybody cut their springs to get it lower? I know it’s no the best option but curious if it can be done because of how the spring pig tails at the top and bottom? How do you judge where to cut without having issues? Looking to get another inch or so out of my Mcgaughy 5” Tahoe springs.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys probably a dumb question so take it easy on me haha! But had anybody cut their springs to get it lower? I know it’s no the best option but curious if it can be done because of how the spring pig tails at the top and bottom? How do you judge where to cut without having issues? Looking to get another inch or so out of my Mcgaughy 5” Tahoe springs.
I have belltech 4230 for trailblazer on my Tahoe. Gave me about a 5 inch drop. I’ve also ran crown an mcgaughys. All have the small pig tail on end. I took them out about a month back an cut off 1 an half coil or a coil don’t remember. But it opened it up a lot where it don’t have the pig tail. Make sure u put the cut part up top. There is cups in the top that it will go in an help keep it in without falling. But I don’t think it would without it. I’ve not had any issues.

Attachments

• 27333BFD-6CDB-4FD8-BEDE-6D54EB20EDC0.jpeg
    27333BFD-6CDB-4FD8-BEDE-6D54EB20EDC0.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
A

Ambitious02

Reaction score
What’s up Brandon! Thanks bro I have the same Belltech springs and pulled them out and replaced with the Mcgaughy 5” Tahoe’s. Still not happy with the gap! Thanks for the info bro! I’m gonna cut my Belltech’s and install those then and see what’s what. Just needed to hear from somebody whos’s do everything this first hand before I made the plunge. If I’m not happy then I’ll go ahead and drop the cash and get the 5305’s and go from there.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I could help. An yes I’ve lowered so many of these an done all kinds of stuff lol. I cannot find the 5305s anymore btw. An I done both these tahoes. The one on right side is mine

Attachments

• 93C7F7D5-7695-418D-8137-D2C956995BE6.jpeg
    93C7F7D5-7695-418D-8137-D2C956995BE6.jpeg
    683.4 KB · Views: 12

hardluck13

Reaction score
Why not just run Tony’s 6” coils. Then you don’t have to cut anything. Mines pretty hammered in the front and his tucks the top of my tires and they ride good. But I use dual adjustable rear shocks with extenders (that match my coil overs in front) and dialed in the ride. I notched the rear too. After the free travel i went ahead and notched it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe Belgium

Latest posts