Has 2022 factory ordering opened up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PivotalRex

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here. It's going to be my first time placing a factory order. I've read that ordering would open up 8/12, then 8/19 and most recently 9/8 for ordering a Yukon Denali. I've been in touch weekly with one dealer who will honor GM supplier discount but they keep telling me they won't know the date until GM actually opens it up. Also, they stated they don't get allocations for the month, rather they get them on a weekly basis.

But now I'm reading that a couple people on here have been able to place orders. Do I need to look for another dealer or have orders opened up for Tahoe/Suburban and not the Yukon Denali?

Appreciate any insight you guys might have on this.

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here. It's going to be my first time placing a factory order. I've read that ordering would open up 8/12, then 8/19 and most recently 9/8 for ordering a Yukon Denali. I've been in touch weekly with one dealer who will honor GM supplier discount but they keep telling me they won't know the date until GM actually opens it up. Also, they stated they don't get allocations for the month, rather they get them on a weekly basis.

But now I'm reading that a couple people on here have been able to place orders. Do I need to look for another dealer or have orders opened up for Tahoe/Suburban and not the Yukon Denali?

Appreciate any insight you guys might have on this.
It is my understanding that they can take your build request now at the dealerships (i did mine this morning for a Yukon Denali), pricing actually just went live today. However, GM isn't picking up orders yet you are basically on a list at your dealership and once GM starts giving the dealerships allotments then they can actually submit the build. My guy didn't have any kind of time frame on when they would start getting 2022 allotments though. Southish Texas here. This is from a small town dealership.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
I was told by one dealership I am working with said i can order today buy that the order ( air suspension / tech package) will more than likely not get picked up by GM until LATE Q4, which would lead to arrival jan-march time frame. Two other local dealers told me ordering begins 9/2.

I can't do a 2nd row bench / air suspension without adding 3 other packages. So I am stuck between a rock n hard place. Its sucks not being able to do "al-lecarte" for these options.

cqmorrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in Columbus Ohio area. One dealer could take order. Another could see build sheet but what I wanted was constrained (but not at other dealership). Had to work with sales managers at both places as sales staff can't see the build sheet.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
I am in Columbus Ohio area. One dealer could take order. Another could see build sheet but what I wanted was constrained (but not at other dealership). Had to work with sales managers at both places as sales staff can't see the build sheet.
Is the 2022 Yukon getting the new digital instrument cluster?

cqmorrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure. I did see mention of the instrument cluster in the GMC newsletter this week but can't quote the details.

JGinLA

Reaction score
Mine is getting built in the computer, order is supposed to go in 10/4. Salesman saw 6.2 engine come up for the first time but he was out sick a while so he may have missed a lot. Floor liners may be on hold but I don't have to have them.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've talked with a few different dealers and pieced together the following information that is current info: Dealers that are entering orders now (status 1100) definitely will not be picked up by GM until October 6th, and any of those orders could be deleted by GM - apparently it's all a big confusing jumble, but production is apparently not starting on 10/2. There's rumor of limited dealers getting allocation first, which would put the earliest allocations at the largest volume dealers in a region.

Erik23

Reaction score
Dealership I am working with put in an order for me, they had pricing available. I have a copy of the order. He showed me an email stating their first allocation won’t get picked up until 10/11. The premium package does require you to add max towing for now at least. I wouldn’t be suprised if that you constrained off. It looks like the total price went up only about 1k over a 2021.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak