Harsh take off from stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clint S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, first post. My wife has a 2013 yukon Denali xl with the 6.2. It is the RWD model And has 105k miles now, with stock motor/trans.

When we’re driving through town with stop and go driving or a long drive or at random, the Yukon is harsh from take off. When the brake is released and you go to apply the throttle, it jumps forward like you were going to stop on it. It will also, occasionally, down shift harsh or seem like it wants to push forward when coming to a stop.

throttle body is clean by the way. No rough idle. Always serviced by my good friend at the dealership. It has not had a trans flush though.

Any thoughts? It’s annoying to drive. Other than what I stated it runs/drives really well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, first post. My wife has a 2013 yukon Denali xl with the 6.2. It is the RWD model And has 105k miles now, with stock motor/trans.

When we’re driving through town with stop and go driving or a long drive or at random, the Yukon is harsh from take off. When the brake is released and you go to apply the throttle, it jumps forward like you were going to stop on it. It will also, occasionally, down shift harsh or seem like it wants to push forward when coming to a stop.

throttle body is clean by the way. No rough idle. Always serviced by my good friend at the dealership. It has not had a trans flush though.

Any thoughts? It’s annoying to drive. Other than what I stated it runs/drives really well.

Change the transmission fluid and have your buddy at the dealership put the transmission through some tests with his Tech-2. Change it every 50K miles.

Now that you're at 100K and over 5 years old, change the plugs and wires, rear differential fluid and flush and refill the radiator too if not done already.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What swathdiver said !!
When you service the trans, make sure you drop the pan and install
a new filter... Don't Just do a "flush".. You will push all the shit the current filter
has trapped in it back into the trans.
Drop pan, do new filter, clean pan and components, Check the Magnet on inside
of pan for debris. Fill with new fluid and see if that cures it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout