Harley Davidson badged GMC Sierra - What do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They stopped marking their spots when the blockhead engines were designed. Best bike I ever owned was the 1990 FatBoy.

Yep, the leaking stopped with the EVO motor in '84. The EVO saved Moco's ***, kept it in business.

joe

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, I have nothing against Harleys themselves. Most are not my cup of tea but to each their own.

What I dislike is the attitude that alot of the HD riders have. Very stuck up and snooty... the whole... "if it's not a HD it's not a "REAL" bike." thing.... lol

I used to ride with some of my buddies that had HDs and without fail, everytime we would stop some where, everybody wanted to come up to me and talk about my bike. Most were great but there were always a few that would be drooling over my bike UNTIL they found out it was a Honda... then it was like "Oh, nevermind"... I always found it kind of amusing how brainwashed people were.

Me personally, I could care less what you ride, if you're on 2 wheels and you're happy... good for you.

View attachment 238215
It's funny. Every Harley rider I've ever known had the same attitude-- ride what you like.

Some DO mock Harley wannabes though- guys who try to copy the looks and (perceived) style while, at the same time, bad-mouthing Moco.

The Asian makers have spent fortunes trying to milk Harley's formula. It evidently takes more than a V-Twin and an eagle on your jacket/sissy bar/biceps.

joe

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It's funny. Every Harley rider I've ever known had the same attitude-- ride what you like.

Some DO mock Harley wannabes though- guys who try to copy the looks and (perceived) style while, at the same time, bad-mouthing Moco.

The Asian makers have spent fortunes trying to milk Harley's formula. It evidently takes more than a V-Twin and an eagle on your jacket/sissy bar/biceps.

joe

Harleys are fine if that's your thing. They certainly are the most imitated by the other manufacturers.

The guys that usually turn their nose up to non-HD bikes are the guys that have HD logos on EVERYTHING they own... Shirt, pants, jacket, socks, boots, probably their underwear (never checked), trucks, trailers, houses decorated inside.... you get the idea. Most of them probably had a second mortgage on their house to pay for all the gear as much as they sell that stuff for... lol

They bought in, whole heartedly, to the notion (marketing) that if it has the HD logo on it than it must be superior and therefore everything else must be inferior. I think that attitude comes more from the "weekend warrior" types.

I liked my Honda, and I modified it heavily, but I never bought any Honda gear or decorated my house with it.

I live in FL and I prefer the water cooled engine over the air/oil cooled HD. My personal preference... to each his own.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Because of riding hard tail Harley's for lots of years and then exposed shock and then softtail suspension Harley's for a total of about 40+ years, I have a back that does not lend itself to more 2 wheel riding. If I wanted to really go back "in the wind" it would be on a 3 wheel Harley or even one of the Polaris 3 wheel models with 2 wheels in the front. Doubt that I do it though. Too many nut jobs driving 4 wheels that pay more attention to their cell phones than what is going on around them. Freakin' nut jobs and yes, if any members here drive with their noses in the cell phone, I am speaking of you too.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lived in Milwaukee early in life and used to watch them run the Harleys out of the factory and around a few blocks. That was a thrill!

We also went to Master Lock several times a year to get replacement keys for our bicycle locks, but they wouldn't sell us the keys unless we had the locks with us. LOL

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Harleys are fine if that's your thing. They certainly are the most imitated by the other manufacturers.

The guys that usually turn their nose up to non-HD bikes are the guys that have HD logos on EVERYTHING they own... Shirt, pants, jacket, socks, boots, probably their underwear (never checked), trucks, trailers, houses decorated inside.... you get the idea. Most of them probably had a second mortgage on their house to pay for all the gear as much as they sell that stuff for... lol

They bought in, whole heartedly, to the notion (marketing) that if it has the HD logo on it than it must be superior and therefore everything else must be inferior. I think that attitude comes more from the "weekend warrior" types.

I liked my Honda, and I modified it heavily, but I never bought any Honda gear or decorated my house with it.

I live in FL and I prefer the water cooled engine over the air/oil cooled HD. My personal preference... to each his own.
I agree with you man.

At the risk of getting too deep here, I think most of these guys are looking for an identity- for somewhere to fit in. There's a guy at work who's jumped from fad to fad over the years- from tats to piercings to muscles to truck hydraulics to lo-riders to the Raiders... It's kinda cute and sad at the same time.

joe

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of riding hard tail Harley's for lots of years and then exposed shock and then softtail suspension Harley's for a total of about 40+ years, I have a back that does not lend itself to more 2 wheel riding. If I wanted to really go back "in the wind" it would be on a 3 wheel Harley or even one of the Polaris 3 wheel models with 2 wheels in the front. Doubt that I do it though. Too many nut jobs driving 4 wheels that pay more attention to their cell phones than what is going on around them. Freakin' nut jobs and yes, if any members here drive with their noses in the cell phone, I am speaking of you too.

I was never that manly. I never rode a hardtail and always had a windshield or fairing.

Urban riding scares me any more.

Just for grins, here's mine.

joe

101612c.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My dad taught me how to ride at 14. Hardtail with ape hangers. My 1990 FatBoy had 18" ape hanger bars. Never a shield on any of my bikes.

Plus, don't pick on my Raiders!!!!!!!!!! :chewie:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14