Hardwiring issues - ignition switched 12v

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chuck_Finley

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're just going to need to go down there and test the harness pins, it's not that hard.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! I am cool with the routing of wires. That's not the issue. It's all about the power! :happy160:

Cool.

Here's what I have:

Three white connectors, go to the topmost one...

image(1).jpg

Heavy black wire is ground, small white wire to right of green wire is switched 12V+.

image.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iamdub...just for clarification, this:

View attachment 192360

You got it! (With your fancy-schmancy pic labeling )
Iamdub...just for clarification, this:

View attachment 192360

You got it! BTW, I recommend checking the wires with a DVOM to confirm they are what you need if they're different colors in your truck than they are in mine. I also don't know what 12V+ circuit that is or the ampacity of it. It's not much of a concern with just powering a radar detector, but I'd like to find out one day.

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You got it! (With your fancy-schmancy pic labeling )

You got it! BTW, I recommend checking the wires with a DVOM to confirm they are what you need if they're different colors in your truck than they are in mine. I also don't know what 12V+ circuit that is or the ampacity of it. It's not much of a concern with just powering a radar detector, but I'd like to find out one day.

I will use my multimeter before I do the install and check those and report back.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will use my multimeter before I do the install and check those and report back.

I checked the ground with continuity (obviously) to a door hinge bolt or something like that in the area. For that switched hot, I made sure it was no voltage with the car off, battery voltage with the key "on", and 14.xx with the engine running. It's definitely not a data circuit!

Hank Frederick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all I’m wiring up 2 DVD players to the headrests of my 07 Yukon Denali. I’m not sure what I should tap into for wires. I would like for them to shut off when I open the door just like the radio does. Don’t want to have to worry about my kids turning them off. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all I’m wiring up 2 DVD players to the headrests of my 07 Yukon Denali. I’m not sure what I should tap into for wires. I would like for them to shut off when I open the door just like the radio does. Don’t want to have to worry about my kids turning them off. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Under dash to left of brake pedal is a black cover there is fused, switched, acc, rap all right there..200690BF-5E49-4A2D-B840-2D880ACB4EA1.jpeg

May not look exactly the same but its there.... just use a dvm to verify

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys