Hard shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1st to 2nd shift is pretty bad, one might even describe it as violent, 2nd to 3rd is a little hard as well. I supposedly have a re built tranny but who knows. My father in law said for starters change the fluid and the filter. It was over a quart low on fluid when i bought it. Where the fluid had gone i dont know. It doesnt leak into the driveway or the transfer case. I dont think the fluid level has changed since i have owned it (several months)

So any ideas???

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did not go into the rransfer case.
It has always been like this... for the 5 months ive had it.
I have not checked the level in about a month but last time i did it was full

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, did you follow the trouble shooting guide in your shop manual? Any internal codes and did you get a scan tool that can see what's going on inside yet?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could just be a built trans. My Performabuilt has a pretty jarring, almost violent depending on what RPM it shifts at, 1-2 shift and 2-3 hits pretty damn hard too. But it’s built for 800 hp.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could just be a built trans. My Performabuilt has a pretty jarring, almost violent depending on what RPM it shifts at, 1-2 shift and 2-3 hits pretty damn hard too. But it’s built for 800 hp.

I had a couple of TH350s that would kick the car sideways and kill my lower back after a few hours of driving!

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, did you follow the trouble shooting guide in your shop manual? Any internal codes and did you get a scan tool that can see what's going on inside yet?
Nope, i dont know anything about any of that

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My GN is like that too.

Same, but then I had my trans builder soften it up, we were going "Fast With Class", not beating ourselves up to drive it!

Nope, i dont know anything about any of that

Well, get on with it son! As a machinist you know the importance of having the right tools and the fallacy of trying to do things without the right tools when you have them available to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt