Handles and Mirror Caps... what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looking for input. Exterior wise, the truck is the same as when i bought it a year ago. The handles are the stick on chrome covers and the mirror caps are oem chrome. Trying to decide on...

A) Replace the chrome handle covers with real chrome handles.
B) Remove the chrome handle covers (pray the paint underneath is okay) anf replace the mirror caps with a color matched set.

I've been okay with the appearance thus far because the polished wheels kind of go with the chrome. That said, there's another SLT in my neighborhood in black that has my same wheels and color matched handles and mirror covers. Looks great. All that said, can't make up my mind. Below is a bad pic to give you an idea of current state.

90a44d597c283d1a9b716f798a7590f3.jpg

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say ditch the chrome handles and caps. Mine is basically all black minus the grille and wheels.

OP
OP
NGAneer

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's about what I'm considering. Have a pic?

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you decide to ditch the chrome mirror caps I would be interested in them if they are the real ones and not covers.

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
Looks good, thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Pretty sure they're not covers, I'll probably find out soon.

Did you find out about the mirror caps?? I'm interested in removing mine as well but didn't want to be the guinea pig. :sorrysign:

OP
OP
NGAneer

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you find out about the mirror caps?? I'm interested in removing mine as well but didn't want to be the guinea pig. :sorrysign:
They are caps, not aftermarket covers. I'm not going to be switching them out right now. Had to put the money to other things before fooling with handles and mirror caps.

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
So the chrome mirror caps can be removed and will match the bottom half of the mirror and be all black??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442