Halogen to HID conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian724

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon SLT and I recently purchased some used headlights off EBay to replace mine that have broken seals. The issue is that the dealer sold me the HID’s by accident. Is it possible to use the HID’s? Do I need a new wiring harness?

Is it worth it? Or should I just take the refund?

Thanks

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use the headlight assemblies they will fit.

The question is due to the error of the dealership are they providing the rest of the HID parts to make them work?

Is the dealer providing the OEM OSRAM HID ballasts?
Is the dealer providing the OEM OSRAM HID D3S bulbs for the low beam headlight projector?

If the answer is no to any of the 2 questions above I would take the refund and re-order the correct headlights.

OP
OP
B

Brian724

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can use the headlight assemblies they will fit.

The question is due to the error of the dealership are they providing the rest of the HID parts to make them work?

Is the dealer providing the OEM OSRAM HID ballasts?
Is the dealer providing the OEM OSRAM HID D3S bulbs for the low beam headlight projector?

If the answer is no to any of the 2 questions above I would take the refund and re-order the correct headlights.
Hi thank you so much for replying! So the headlights were sent with the ballasts
613BAE94-6FA0-45D3-BA76-F3FCCB815219.jpeg
And the bulbs

BC767CA4-6250-4842-80D1-02817C51825F.jpeg
I am assuming they are the correct OEM parts.
When I installed these and turned on the headlights they only blinked. It’s my understanding that I would have to change some wiring and have my BCM reprogrammed?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to say those housings should be integrated, presuming they have the led as drl then yes some wiring changes may be needed
this information may or may not be what you need, not sure if the procedure would work for you or not

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Brian724 By chance did you check to see if any other lights in the headlight worked while they were installed?

Did the high beams come on?
Did the front turn signals flash?

@cmatt is pretty knowledgeable in this arena and may be able to help or provide some additional insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC