Gun Safe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got ammo for both my 9MM and her 380. My neighbor just gave me a couple of hundred target rounds for the 380 since he just sold his.

She bought the Bodyguard- nice! Does she have much ammo for it? In my small ones, I have the M&P Shield 9 and Ruger LCP (.380).

I agree with Dan- on your person is best. In the car, easy access makes the most sense. I like an ankle holster or something like the Quickdraw mount.

For a safe, I'd either mount a small/low-profile one inside the console (like Console Vault) or under the seat, like this:

handgun-in-safe-under-drivers-seat-in-jeep.png

Or, mount a holster to a panel somewhere.

MaizeNBlue98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My first suggestion in know your local laws. I live in The Peoples Republic of Illinois and even storing loaded gun in a safe can be questionable without a concealed carry permit. Second suggestion, if you plan on using it for self defense, whatever mount you sue practice with a trainer or unloaded pistol, a lot.

That said, I struggled to find any good options that would fit my 2018 Denali. Under the seat was too crowded to fit anything. Holsters and mounts within reach of my persons, would not be legal unless they were fully concealed from a pedestrian "looking in the window" even when I'm in the car. Defeats the purpose of a easy access mount. I ended up creating a custom mount for the console. Really just a piece of steel bent to the proper angle. Then mounted a VaulTek VT10 safe to it. Keeps the console useful, but allows me both a concealed and locked method of storing my weapon. For scale, the picture shows a Sig P320 Compact.

IMG_0639.jpg IMG_0581.jpg IMG_0580.jpg IMG_0578.jpg

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I have seen a thread about this before, but I haven’t been able to find it. I just purchased my first handgun a SIG P365 and am also getting my CC permit. What I’m looking for is the best place to store it.

Well for starters, I and everyone reading your post from the globalists, Feds, and on down will be disappointed to hear you lost your SIG in a recent boating accident, many miles off shore, in very deep water.

However if you were to hypothetically get another firearm which you might be reluctant to announce publicly on the WWW, you might consider a high quality handgun safe, such as the Fort Knox PB1.
Keep in mind that most car safes are very vulnerable to quick prying open with a screw driver, much less a crowbar. So you need one at least 10 gauge or thicker to help thwart such attempts.
You must also secure the safe to more than just flimsy interior components, otherwise your safe and gun will both disappear with the thief free to take his time at home to open it up.

With the above said, many people will instead find a place to put their firearm not commonly looked for by a thief, whether it be under a rear passenger seat, the compartment of the jack, etc.
But if you are getting your CC, then you and it will be safer with you, than leaving it in the car/truck.
Still for those times you might need to securely store it since you are going into a sporting event, federal building, school/university, etc. then a good hiding place or gun safe might well be a good alternate.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well for starters, I and everyone reading your post from the globalists, Feds, and on down will be disappointed to hear you lost your SIG in a recent boating accident, many miles off shore, in very deep water.

However if you were to hypothetically get another firearm which you might be reluctant to announce publicly on the WWW, you might consider a high quality handgun safe, such as the Fort Knox PB1.
Keep in mind that most car safes are very vulnerable to quick prying open with a screw driver, much less a crowbar. So you need one at least 10 gauge or thicker to help thwart such attempts.
You must also secure the safe to more than just flimsy interior components, otherwise your safe and gun will both disappear with the thief free to take his time at home to open it up.

With the above said, many people will instead find a place to put their firearm not commonly looked for by a thief, whether it be under a rear passenger seat, the compartment of the jack, etc.
But if you are getting your CC, then you and it will be safer with you, than leaving it in the car/truck.
Still for those times you might need to securely store it since you are going into a sporting event, federal building, school/university, etc. then a good hiding place or gun safe might well be a good alternate.

atf-why-are-gun-owners-the-*********-boat-drivers.png ATF-lake.jpg

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn spell check, I was looking for a place to hide my GUM. Do you know how hard it is to find Cherry Hubba Bubba now?

DanielYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a gun magnet purchased via Amazon. Also if you have other long guns you might want to bring along with you, I have installed an overhead truck gun rack that suits perfectly for my hunting rifle. I go hunting during summer. Here's an article buyer's guide for lots of options to choose from. I recommend the gun magnet for daily use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat