Guatafac!! Radio!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliReyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So this radio does have sound, only the radio stations, no dvd no cd, can't change source, just can change stations using the knob or the steering wheel controls and the volume.

Thats it.

The screen stays the same, check cd rom and chingchangchong writing.
(typed in a joking manner)

Any Ideas?

I already took it apart looked at it, things look ok. but yeah. I dont know.

It was working fine, then it froze beause of the winter and

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
That radio is a radio/navigation only is not a cd or dvd player, the cd slot is for the navigation disk to go in, for it to play cds you need the oem external cd player, most nbs yukon and escalades have them.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have an idea. Throw that POS away and buy a decent head unit.:rolleyes:

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So this radio does have sound, only the radio stations, no dvd no cd, can't change source, just can change stations using the knob or the steering wheel controls and the volume.

Thats it.

The screen stays the same, check cd rom and chingchangchong writing.
(typed in a joking manner)

Any Ideas?

I already took it apart looked at it, things look ok. but yeah. I dont know.

It was working fine, then it froze beause of the winter and
The Japanese says the same thing as the English. It translates as "Cannot read the disc. Check the disk." Was power interrupted during a software update?

OP
OP
DenaliReyes

DenaliReyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I would throw it away but I like this radio.
Adding another one with the navigation the use of the steering wheel buttons and the entertainment center controls for the back seat drivers lol. That sounds like a hassle to set up and prolly have to buy more shtuff to make it work.

Simple and affordable is what I want. If it's not salvageable then yeah... I'll start saving for a better unit.

This happened during a cold.winter. I think it glitched or short circuited

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I would throw it away but I like this radio.
Adding another one with the navigation the use of the steering wheel buttons and the entertainment center controls for the back seat drivers lol. That sounds like a hassle to set up and prolly have to buy more shtuff to make it work.

Simple and affordable is what I want. If it's not salvageable then yeah... I'll start saving for a better unit.

This happened during a cold.winter. I think it glitched or short circuited

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If you want to keep factory functionality, then get a used one off of ebay. You probably would spend no more than a mid-level aftermarket. The ones that have the buttons all worn off usually go the cheapest, but you can easily swap yours to the replacement.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That radio is a radio/navigation only is not a cd or dvd player, the cd slot is for the navigation disk to go in, for it to play cds you need the oem external cd player, most nbs yukon and escalades have them.

I have this radio and it plays cd’s fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts