Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Got an email from Paul at Gruven...

Ken,

Another forum member contacted us recently about the possibility of using a spring clamp on the billet tees. I read some of the posts on that thread (wow, lively bunch!) and wanted to let you know the reason for using the existing screw clamps is the width requirement. We have 5/16” max width requirement for the band clamps. This is due to the weld bead and the very limited space available to install. In order to properly TIG weld the fitting, we require a certain bead and we just don’t want to reduce that. The OEM went with the quick disconnect style to save space as well, but these tees require a bit more room. Wish we could switch over to spring style clamps as I like those as well but the screw clamps will also work just fine. We have had quite a few people install these tees already and everyone likes them a lot. Don’t know if you wanted to convey any of that in the discussion or not but just an FYI.

Paul

www.GruvenParts.com

https://www.facebook.com/GruvenParts/

So there it is ladies and jelly spoons.. directly from the horses mouth.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got an email from Paul at Gruven...

Ken,

Another forum member contacted us recently about the possibility of using a spring clamp on the billet tees. I read some of the posts on that thread (wow, lively bunch!) and wanted to let you know the reason for using the existing screw clamps is the width requirement. We have 5/16” max width requirement for the band clamps. This is due to the weld bead and the very limited space available to install. In order to properly TIG weld the fitting, we require a certain bead and we just don’t want to reduce that. The OEM went with the quick disconnect style to save space as well, but these tees require a bit more room. Wish we could switch over to spring style clamps as I like those as well but the screw clamps will also work just fine. We have had quite a few people install these tees already and everyone likes them a lot. Don’t know if you wanted to convey any of that in the discussion or not but just an FYI.

Paul

www.GruvenParts.com

https://www.facebook.com/GruvenParts/

So there it is ladies and jelly spoons.. directly from the horses mouth.
So they engineered it for small clamps? SMH. Still could use the wire spring clamps it seems. Oh well, I won’t be buying one anyway lol. He did say he wished they could switch over to spring clamps so there’s that.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So they engineered it for small clamps? SMH. Still could use the wire spring clamps it seems. Oh well, I won’t be buying one anyway lol. He did say he wished they could switch over to spring clamps so there’s that.

I'm still chatting with him... discussing other options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01