Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's fairly rigid, so it'll hold itself up into position, just as it is in that pic, until it's pulled down. I removed the A- and B-pillar trims, the visor, the sunroof ring and the top portion of the door seal. You can easily flex the headliner panel down enough to reach the ~8" in to get at the aspirator. That sunroof trim is a minor pain. Best I recall, you flex it enough that you think you're gonna break it. Bow the lateral (left-to-right) sides since they're longer and will flex more to bring the sides and corners in enough to pop it out and back in to position.
I'll keep you posted. Thanks buddy

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's fairly rigid, so it'll hold itself up into position, just as it is in that pic, until it's pulled down. I removed the A- and B-pillar trims, the visor, the sunroof ring and the top portion of the door seal. You can easily flex the headliner panel down enough to reach the ~8" in to get at the aspirator. That sunroof trim is a minor pain. Best I recall, you flex it enough that you think you're gonna break it. Bow the lateral (left-to-right) sides since they're longer and will flex more to bring the sides and corners in enough to pop it out and back in to position.
I got it swapped out and I believe it fixed my auto temp being a few degrees off as well. A and B pillar, visor, sunroof trim ding, weather stripping pulled out /removed. The only thing I struggled with is the cover that it clips to. I finally figured out that it had to come off. Note for anyone doing this in the future. The cover that's visible on the headliner holds the sensor in place. Thanks for the tips as always. No more noise and the temp is working (so far) like it should. I was having to keep it on 74 to be comfortable. Drove to work and back today at 72 and could prob lower it another degree or two.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it swapped out and I believe it fixed my auto temp being a few degrees off as well. A and B pillar, visor, sunroof trim ding, weather stripping pulled out /removed. The only thing I struggled with is the cover that it clips to. I finally figured out that it had to come off. Note for anyone doing this in the future. The cover that's visible on the headliner holds the sensor in place. Thanks for the tips as always. No more noise and the temp is working (so far) like it should. I was having to keep it on 74 to be comfortable. Drove to work and back today at 72 and could prob lower it another degree or two.

Glad you got it fixed! I didn't remember that detail about the vent piece holding the sensor. I just kinda went through the motions and made it up as I went along. Not looking forward to removing the whole headliner and pillar trims. :(

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed! I didn't remember that detail about the vent piece holding the sensor. I just kinda went through the motions and made it up as I went along. Not looking forward to removing the whole headliner and pillar trims. :(
The back part is probably the hardest part but it's not bad. We took the back section out of casey's when we did the quarter but on the xl, that's a separate piece so we didn't have to do the C pillar forward

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The back part is probably the hardest part but it's not bad. We took the back section out of casey's when we did the quarter but on the xl, that's a separate piece so we didn't have to do the C pillar forward

If I can find 'em cheap enough, I'll get all new-to-me pieces from a part-out and paint/dye those. Then I won't be in a rush to remove my originals or have to be excessively careful when doing so.

Or, I'll go practice and take notes on a wreck at the junkyard.

Or, there might be videos on YouTube...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout