Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't yet, use the tech 2 to perform the blend door calibration.

That said, me doing a proactive ac compressor replacement did help my ac a little.

My ac worked fine, and it might have been an oil replacement + fresh 134a.

If i were to do it again, i would also do my ac condenser.

Mine was pretty plugged, i did even more cleanup this time around.
With my trans oil cooler removed, i found even more was plugged.

I used a fine dental pick to poke out each blocked hole, and followed up with compressed air.

Part of why i say to replace it if you're willing to go that far is the amount of time it took, and it still looks loke the surface of the moon... lol

Come to think of it, that's probably the major reason for the improvement the first time i had the radiator out... lol
Cleaning and straightening of the fins.

No Tech2 here, and the actuator calibration can be performed without it. But, diagnosing the blend doors and a plethora of other AC system tests require it. :(

If it leaks out again, like soon, and not over the course of a few years, I'll aim to do a thorough refresh of the system with replacement of the wear items and whatever's ailing. Maybe replace all the actuators as a preventative measure. I have no idea of the condition of my condenser.

Last edited:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No Tech2 here, and the actuator calibration can be performed without it. But, diagnosing the blend doors and a plethora of other A.C system tests require it. :(

If it leaks out again, like soon, and not over the course of a few years, I'll aim to do a thorough refresh of the system with replacement of the wear items and whatever's ailing. Maybe replace all the actuators as a preventative measure. I have no idea of the condition of my condenser.
My rear control acts in a way other than I would expect. When I get a chance I will compare how mine acts.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear A/C wonkiness:

When set on "face", it blows out the headliner vents but isn't cool at all. It's not full-on heat, but not chilled. When I switched it to "feet", the air from the vents under the seats is cool. I didn't let it run long enough to see if it would get as cold as that coming out the dash vents, but it was definitely cooler than that coming out of the headliner vents.

The aluminum lines underneath the body at the right rear weren't cool at all. Shouldn't they be?

Also, the rear climate control panel seems to be doing strange things. When any button is pressed, it'll show the full display of temp, fan speed and vent selection. After about five seconds, the duct selection part goes away. It'll come back and respond accordingly if I press the button to cycle through the options. Pic with it missing:

img_0230-jpg.jpg

After about 10 seconds, the whole display goes blank except for this:

img_0229-jpg.jpg

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Mine does not act like yours and the screen stays on unlike yours. I get cold air out of the upper and/or lower vents as expected. Mine is a 2013 with the most current calibration in the rear module.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does not act like yours and the screen stays on unlike yours. I get cold air out of the upper and/or lower vents as expected. Mine is a 2013 with the most current calibration in the rear module.

How does yours act that is "in a way other than you would expect"? It sounds fine to me.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
How does yours act that is "in a way other than you would expect"? It sounds fine to me.
Mine acts goofy for heating in the winter.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
No Tech2 here, and the actuator calibration can be performed without it. But, diagnosing the blend doors and a plethora of other A.C system tests require it. :(

no tech2?!?!

When is your bday? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT