Grille Lightbar / Aero Shutters or skid plate mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ComputernerdBD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good day everyone. So I have an 18 Tahoe with the aero shutters.... Big pain as did want to put a trans cooler in but also more of one it appears to put a lightbar in as not much room and cannot find metal up front to anchor it to. I am already turning my fog lights into quad pod LEDs but also would like to add a lightbar too behind the grille as cannot really add a grille guard with parking sensors and the skid plate underneath as I have a Z71. So was considering cleaner options for adding the lights. If anyone has any recommendations for adding a 30-36" lightbar without messing with the shutters and where to anchor it to, greatly appreciated. Thanks

EDIT - Looking at this further I am starting to wonder about an alternative - Instead of tearing the grille and aero shutters apart I could order hood clip mounts for LED light bars and actually instead of considering the skid plate an obstruction to installing items like a skid plate but instead embrace the fact I have one and use it to clip the lightbar just under and forward of the bumper? Then wondering what the implications of that are....

Last edited:

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone. So I have an 18 Tahoe with the aero shutters.... Big pain as did want to put a trans cooler in but also more of one it appears to put a lightbar in as not much room and cannot find metal up front to anchor it to. I am already turning my fog lights into quad pod LEDs but also would like to add a lightbar too behind the grille as cannot really add a grille guard with parking sensors and the skid plate underneath as I have a Z71. So was considering cleaner options for adding the lights. If anyone has any recommendations for adding a 30-36" lightbar without messing with the shutters and where to anchor it to, greatly appreciated. Thanks

EDIT - Looking at this further I am starting to wonder about an alternative - Instead of tearing the grille and aero shutters apart I could order hood clip mounts for LED light bars and actually instead of considering the skid plate an obstruction to installing items like a skid plate but instead embrace the fact I have one and use it to clip the lightbar just under and forward of the bumper? Then wondering what the implications of that are....
Satina makes a adapter for the parking sensor’s
I originally was going to go with a satina push bar and the sensor adapters but decided I didn’t need the extra weight or added length to the front end

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9