Grill/headlight removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTHogan82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone remove the grill and or headlight yet? I want to install illuminated bow tie on my 21 Z71.

PauliePucks

Reaction score
Anyone remove the grill and or headlight yet? I want to install illuminated bow tie on my 21 Z71.
I Did a whole thread on this a month ago, I purchased the illuminated GMC logo for my 21 XL. Needless to say, I ended up having the dealer install it. They charged me $200. It was there over 4 hours. You will have to remove a lot of trim, the wheels and some other things. On the GMC, you have to break the red G on the stock logo to remove the old emblem.

save yourself the hassle and take it to the dealer, it’s a PAIN to install.

Does look awesome though, especially with the logo puddle lights installed

A4A9D5E8-6C22-4339-9404-61A558BAA7D8.jpeg

OP
OP
J

JTHogan82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ended up installing myself yesterday with the help of a couple buddy's, took about an hour or so total time. Downloaded the install instructions from the acdelcotds.com. Do NOT bypass step of double taping over the headlight and drl lens to protect from scratches. Other than that removal tools work to release clips.

20201107_100822.jpg

justinshort

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got a Denali coming and want to remove the grill to have it dipped.. same advice / process for that you think?

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhat related to this subject about grille removal…

Has anyone removed the grille to change on a 2021…..ie….removing a Premier Grille and replacing it with a Z71 or RST grille? Is it plug and play or did they move a couple of clips a few millimeters to either side just to make it impossible to swap?

CayenneRed21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Somewhat related to this subject about grille removal…

Has anyone removed the grille to change on a 2021…..ie….removing a Premier Grille and replacing it with a Z71 or RST grille? Is it plug and play or did they move a couple of clips a few millimeters to either side just to make it impossible to swap?
We're you ever able to find an answer to this? I want to swap a Denali grill into mine but I don't know if it's plug and play. Thanks!

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative yet. I am heading up to my old JGC dealer for a hand delivered refund check today I will ask. JGC was the vehicle but their finance office is in the Buick/Chevy sid of the Auto Ranch…..yess TX there had to be a ranch comparison right?

Update: visited dealer today bu no on premises body shop to ask them.

GAblacklightening

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ended up installing myself yesterday with the help of a couple buddy's, took about an hour or so total time. Downloaded the install instructions from the acdelcotds.com. Do NOT bypass step of double taping over the headlight and drl lens to protect from scratches. Other than that removal tools work to release clips.

View attachment 261986
Quick question, I am trying to unplug the headlight plug now. I feel the red lock that slides back, what else is holding that plug on? Is there another lock on that plug? I cant see anything up there, just going by feel. Any suggestions?