Greetings from Washington State, PNW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Yes, you should be able to purchase a key fob. I purchased a replacement fob from Amazon when one of my fobs stopped working.
I bought key fobs, 2 of them, from Amazon about 2 years ago. I wanted 4 fobs. I have a key and fob in a box on my frame. I have the one I use the most and wanted to have an extra in the house and 1 I would give to close friend to have, just in case. No matter how many times I followed the instructions to program and how many sites I got the instructions from, I could only program one or the other of the new fobs. I gave up. Went to my local locksmith the other day for a couple of keys to be cut. While there I asked about new fobs. They said no problem. In about 10 minutes, I had the frame fob out, handed him my main fob, had a new battery put in my main fob, he sold me 2 more fobs because I threw away the ones from Amazon already, he programmed them all and work flawlessly and had the 2 keys cut. Cost was $42.50 for all of it. Fob and key in box on frame, new battery and programmed my key fob, new fob in house and my girl has a fob and key. Problem solved with no headaches for $40+ dollars.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No rear AC or controls.

Pretty plain and basic, plus no third row seating. The window sticker does list programmable locks, but they never had a key fob, but it does have power locks (but manual windows), so I am wondering if I could get a key fob for it.

IIRC @Rocket Man had a fancy shmancy key fob for sale at one time, for 2000-2002.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC @Rocket Man had a fancy shmancy key fob for sale at one time, for 2000-2002.
Yeah it’s long gone. But @01BlueTahoeGuy just an fyi when I bought my 02, it didn’t come with fobs. I didn’t even know I could just buy some and program them which I did, some cheapies off eBay. They even came with programming instructions.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

And most important, thank you for your service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts