Greetings from the gulf coast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monkeywrench78382

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 04 Yukon XL 5.3 flex, I have owned for 4 years and up till two days ago has been "fairly" reliable 389k on the clock. Have struggled w various electrical issues over time w this truck. Two days ago the infamous reduced engine power has reared its ugly head 750 in parts later and still have the same issue. Did all the wire inspections and ground connections replaced tac mod throttle plate assembly checked fuses, has 2.5 v to tps 1-2. Tac module performance, tps 1-2 control system failure, throttle plate performance. And a correlation code for tps. Code will clear cold start lasts for about four revs and back to sounding like a f ING tractor chugging and super lean bordering on stall. I am developing a serious hate for this truck. On a fixed income and have zero ideas left. Burn it or dump it are about where I m at. Maybe someone has an idea?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 Yukon XL 5.3 flex, I have owned for 4 years and up till two days ago has been "fairly" reliable 389k on the clock. Have struggled w various electrical issues over time w this truck. Two days ago the infamous reduced engine power has reared its ugly head 750 in parts later and still have the same issue. Did all the wire inspections and ground connections replaced tac mod throttle plate assembly checked fuses, has 2.5 v to tps 1-2. Tac module performance, tps 1-2 control system failure, throttle plate performance. And a correlation code for tps. Code will clear cold start lasts for about four revs and back to sounding like a f ING tractor chugging and super lean bordering on stall. I am developing a serious hate for this truck. On a fixed income and have zero ideas left. Burn it or dump it are about where I m at. Maybe someone has an idea?
Welcome, where do you call home? Exactly which codes were you getting and am I understanding correctly that you replaced the whole throttle body assembly or parts of it?

OP
OP
Monkeywrench78382

Monkeywrench78382

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, where do you call home? Exactly which codes were you getting and am I understanding correctly that you replaced the whole throttle body assembly or parts of it?
Gulf of texas, approx Padre island, whole throttle body w TPS , TAC module, and TPS pigtail. P2101, po300 (random) throttle body performance TAC module performance, TPS 1 and 2 the pigtail to TPS has 12v ground and lead 2.7 on signal side and 2.7 for reference signal did all the ground inspection and they do check out as being complete and intact, it screams grounding issue but can't seem to find it all fuses test out good, will temporarily clear for about 2 mins then trac light comes on and reduced power again i am really frustrated that gm has no real diagnosis nor cure for this issue.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Knowledgeable forks on this Forum are already responding to your issue, and others will chime in.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gulf of texas, approx Padre island, whole throttle body w TPS , TAC module, and TPS pigtail. P2101, po300 (random) throttle body performance TAC module performance, TPS 1 and 2 the pigtail to TPS has 12v ground and lead 2.7 on signal side and 2.7 for reference signal did all the ground inspection and they do check out as being complete and intact, it screams grounding issue but can't seem to find it all fuses test out good, will temporarily clear for about 2 mins then trac light comes on and reduced power again i am really frustrated that gm has no real diagnosis nor cure for this issue.
No, I just looked at my troubleshooting guide for that P2101 and if the wiring checks out, the mechanical and electrical for the throttle body checks out, it is the ECM. The processors for both motor controls reside within the ECM and something has gone wrong and it needs to be replaced. That code says the indicated throttle position does not match the computer's predicted position for more than .3 seconds.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it--there's a ground on the ds down below/behind the running board. There's maybe 3 wires bolted to that ground. Unbolt them and clean up the ground, til you see some fresh metal. Solved mine for awhile.

Last edited: