Grease guns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sit on a shelf in an aluminum pie pan with a PIG mat underneath them. Just above that shelf is a dispenser box of paper SHOP towels. I just grab a paper towel, wipe the gun down and use the paper towel to clean the Zerks. I only use it once or twice a year so it's not like it's a huge burden.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lucas-oil-air-grease-guns-l338-c3_1000.jpg

Mine hangs off a nail on the side of the work bench. It's got some fancy buttons to keep it from leaking and with the cap on, it doesn't leak. But I don't remember what those buttons do anymore and there was some grease up there last time I used it. The new Lawn Tractor has more grease fittings than the truck so it will see more use now.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this talk of grease oozing out of different orifices reminds me of Olestra, the fat that caused loose stools and **** leakage.

https://www.treehugger.com/green-fo...ative-life-as-green-replacement-for-vocs.html

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
All this talk of grease oozing out of different orifices reminds me of Olestra, the fat that caused loose stools and **** leakage.

https://www.treehugger.com/green-fo...ative-life-as-green-replacement-for-vocs.html
Quote from the article

"From causing the runs to making paint spread smoother"

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm about to eat dinner... ughh...
I’ve had my g guns for prob 30-40 years. They’re the old style with a single, long handle pump arm. I keep them in plastic bags because they both LEAK and always have regardless of the type grease. One is for autos and the other has marine grease. I’m going to look into the Gundom pictured above. Wonder if it really works and then how much melted grease pours out when you pull it off the gun.

oldchev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine leaks too. I used a metal tray and a some old towel to help soak and contain the oil. Seems nothing can be done to stop this. Greasing although essential, is a messy proposition.
That article says:
"If a cartridge tube is left in a grease gun, the grease gun should be depressurized, wiped with a clean cloth to remove any contaminants and stored in a horizontal position inside a clean, cool, dry area to keep the oil from bleeding out of the grease. "

Well, mine still oozes oil. I like the plastic milk container bottom as a catch pan with a string to hold it on the upright gun. Good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right