Governor removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Jenna, can the governor be removed by the autocal? Just curious if that was possible so I won't have a light on my dash for pulling the chip.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, we can remove the governor- not sure what you mean by chip though?

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Someone told me to pull the ECU1 chip and that would remove the governor. But I figured pulling that would cause the check engine light to come on and I don't want to see that crap. How do I get that removed?

On another topic since your here, I just put my rims back on and put a 2/3 drop kit on, should i get another set of tunes for the larger rims and drop or will it matter? The rims are 24's. Thanks for your help btw!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure who told you that, but I wouldn't recommend removing that fuse- would have more ramifications than just disabling the speed limiter.

If you are changing wheel size, then your speedo is off, so you probably want to get that tuned to be calibrated.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Does that cost me anything? No big deal if it does just curious. And do I need to record some data for you and send it to you or how does this work.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No need for data, just shoot an email, and we will get the tune set up for the 24s. No cost either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs