Got the dreaded P0455 code... again..,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s

If it’s on my 02 it’s included as part of the module. I see the plug for wiring on it and that looks like the plug on my fuel pump module. There’s nothing else on the top of or inside my tank to be replaced. Here’s a partial description of anotherAC Delco FPM from Rock Auto so it seems if there’s a pressure sensor, it’s included. I’ve replaced both vent solenoid and purge solenoid as well as gas cap.
GM Original Equipment; Includes Sender; Includes pressure sensor, Fuel Sender o-ring seal, internal strainer, fuel ... ACDelco GM Original Equipment Fuel Pump Modules consist of an electric fuel pump and a jet ...

I didn't realize the pressure sensor was a part of the pump assembly. And if you replaced purge and vent solenoids, all that's left is the canister. Hopefully you solved it. My search continues, P0446 popped up on the way to the in-laws for Thanksgiving.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I’ve replaced all 3 of these and it still comes up with tighten fuel cap a lot, sometimes the code too. Mine had pellets everywhere, blew it out the best I could. At least I can put gas in it again, but the messages are killing me. Guess I’ll deal with it until I replace the fuel pump. Unless maybe somebody knows where the Lines commonly crack?

ahunn

Reaction score
I've got this issue as well. I replaced the gas cap, charcoal canister, vent valve, front canister, and fuel pressure sensor on top of the gas tank. btw the pressure sensor isn't too hard to get to. Just lower the tank about an inch and you can get to the harness and pull it out. It took me about 15 minutes to setup jack stands, and jack, remove strap bolts, and to lower the tank to remove the sensor.

Unfortunately I still have the p0455 code.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I've got this issue as well. I replaced the gas cap, charcoal canister, vent valve, front canister, and fuel pressure sensor on top of the gas tank. btw the pressure sensor isn't too hard to get to. Just lower the tank about an inch and you can get to the harness and pull it out. It took me about 15 minutes to setup jack stands, and jack, remove strap bolts, and to lower the tank to remove the sensor.

Unfortunately I still have the p0455 code.

Try the purge solenoid?

ahunn

Reaction score
Try the purge solenoid?
I've replaced that as well. Somewhere on the net I read that it could be the fuel pressure regulator. I believe its built in to the fuel pump. Not sure about that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've replaced that as well. Somewhere on the net I read that it could be the fuel pressure regulator. I believe its built in to the fuel pump. Not sure about that.

After 02 the FPR is built into the pump assembly. Mine has it on the intake manifold. I just realized I haven't had a code for 2 weeks so it looks like mine is finally fixed. I guess it was the purge solenoid.

ahunn

Reaction score
After 02 the FPR is built into the pump assembly. Mine has it on the intake manifold. I just realized I haven't had a code for 2 weeks so it looks like mine is finally fixed. I guess it was the purge solenoid.
Hmmm. I'm gonna replace the purge solenoid again. Maybe it was a bad part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17