Got my wife a 08 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My rear bumper cover is original and doesn't have that extra angle area in it. No chrome strip on the bumper pad, either.

Well then I am stumped... I have always thought my rear bumper cover had been changed out because every LTZ I see has that stupid little extra angle... and if I see one without it I assume that it has been changed out with the non-LTZ bumper.

Now I really want to know what the difference is and why they did it in the first place.

I always thought the LTZs came with the chrome accoutrements... mirror covers, door handles, side moulding, mesh grille, rear bumper trim.

Mine has all of the above except the chrome strip on the bumper.

And the OPs doesn't have the chrome side moulding...

So what's really going on... lol

Are there different levels of the LTZ like the LT models... LT1, LT2, LT3... etc. ???

OP
OP
NCTyphoonKid

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe some got it and some didn’t this is a good debate, me personally I don’t think it has been replaced. Maybe the LTZ has a couple different appearance packages for more chrome?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Maybe some were early year models that didn't have all the pieces that were finalized for the later in the year run.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then I am stumped... I have always thought my rear bumper cover had been changed out because every LTZ I see has that stupid little extra angle... and if I see one without it I assume that it has been changed out with the non-LTZ bumper.

Now I really want to know what the difference is and why they did it in the first place.

I always thought the LTZs came with the chrome accoutrements... mirror covers, door handles, side moulding, mesh grille, rear bumper trim.

Mine has all of the above except the chrome strip on the bumper.

Mine has all the above except the side and rear step edge chrome. Why? I have no idea.

Are there different levels of the LTZ like the LT models... LT1, LT2, LT3... etc. ???

Now you may be on to something...

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Mine has all the above except the side and rear step edge chrome. Why? I have no idea.

Now you may be on to something...

Maybe the RPOs will give more info...

Mine has...

1LZ - Suburban LTZ Equipment Group (followed by a bunch of other stuff on the interior) but ending with - Chrome Grille, Mirrors, Handles
B85- Body Side Molding
RCS - 20" Polished Aluminum Wheels
SLT - Equip Chev 'LT' Sales Pkg
STX - White Diamond Appearance Pkg: * White Diamond Exterior Paint * Assist Steps W/Chrome Insert
STZ - LTZ Equipment Group
V22 - Chrome Grille
VGK - LTZ Ornamentation
VPA - Chrome Accessory Pkg * 20" Chrome Wheels * 20" All-Season BW Tires (Replaces Factory Whls/Tires) *Chrome Tow Hooks *Polished Exhaust Tips
YE9 - LS Trim

Sorry to hijack your thread OP... just trying to get to the bottom of this mystery.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 2 design rear bumpers, the early and late. The later ones has a different hitch cover too. It appears the first design was used for 2007-2008 in Tahoes and the later one was introduced in 2009. I only looked at Tahoes on AutoTrader. Denalis and Escalades use the later one mostly. My '09 uses the early one but is SLT.

Take a look:2007 Tahoe1.jpg 2007 Tahoe2.jpg 2011 LTZ - 2.jpg 2011 LTZ.jpg

Last edited:

Tyrone Harward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a lot of similar question on my 08 Tahoe xl. Went through RPO and Vin made a list and they usually answer the questions.

Couldn't up load RPO code file but googlo Delco GM RPO codes

Attachments

• GM VIN Card 2008.pdf
    82.8 KB · Views: 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989