Got my 2010 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What shops are you looking at in this area?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LMP is the best in the Baltimore area.

I contacted some of my LS buddies and they all said steer ****** clear of Fantasy Factory........ they have ****** up alot of LS based cars and notorious for half ass hack jobs. Read the Google reviews........they're not pretty

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well since I found out that the Hybrid Tahoes were built with a bunch of aluminum light weight parts......and I wanna go fast....... I went and ordered a few things to lighten the curb weight.

- Tahoe Hybrid aluminum front bumper/crash bar - Ordered
- Tahoe Hybrid aluminum hood already color matched - 50U - Ordered

Next will be verifying the 4" diameter aluminum driveshaft (length/splines/U joint) then off to find a rear hatch which was also made in aluminum and has fixed rear glass.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember who but someone one here swapped out the hood on their tahoe on here and there was some differences... gap issues around the grill and light assemblies...

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember who but someone one here swapped out the hood on their tahoe on here and there was some differences... gap issues around the grill and light assemblies...

Well I guess I will confirm or deny this when I get mine.

There's alot of talk about this.......but I have been searching the internet for a week and have found nothing to support the "myths" out there. So I guess this will be Mythbusters.......Tahoe edition.

There's also no documentation on the weight savings either. I found on article that claimed there was a 10# weight saving per seat with the exception of the 3rd row seating. So there is a 40 # weight saving just in the seats.

More to follow...... because the impact bar and hood are on the way.......should arrive around the 24th

STANKHOE

Reaction score
Well I guess I will confirm or deny this when I get mine.

There's alot of talk about this.......but I have been searching the internet for a week and have found nothing to support the "myths" out there. So I guess this will be Mythbusters.......Tahoe edition.

There's also no documentation on the weight savings either. I found on article that claimed there was a 10# weight saving per seat with the exception of the 3rd row seating. So there is a 40 # weight saving just in the seats.

More to follow...... because the impact bar and hood are on the way.......should arrive around the 24th
Ohhhh. From what I've seen the hood doesn't appear to fit without the whole front bumper. The hybrid bumper is curved on the sides of the grille and not as wide as our flat fronts. The hybrid hood is going to hit the edges of your grille. I have a few pics. First is a hybrid and a regular tahoe side by side so you can see the difference. Second pic is a suburban with a hybrid front bumper but a regular hood. You can see the gaps around the more narrow hybrid grille9d0eec953f1d6cd572fa24e915704845.jpge6175584d469fe74021c67b4ea9a2d23.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ohhhh. From what I've seen the hood doesn't appear to fit without the whole front bumper. The hybrid bumper is curved on the sides of the grille and not as wide as our flat fronts. The hybrid hood is going to hit the edges of your grille. I have a few pics. First is a hybrid and a regular tahoe side by side so you can see the difference. Second pic is a suburban with a hybrid front bumper but a regular hood. You can see the gaps around the more narrow hybrid grille9d0eec953f1d6cd572fa24e915704845.jpge6175584d469fe74021c67b4ea9a2d23.jpg

Hybrid's nose is flat compared to the reg Tahoe.

STANKHOE

Reaction score
Hybrid's nose is flat compared to the reg Tahoe.
Technically its flat but it sticks out further than a regular Tahoe. If you look at the grille bars on the outside of the grille between the grille and the headlights they are flat on a regular Tahoe, on a hybrid they are rounded and protrude outwards which is what causes the front end to stick out farther 4fe7940fa63ec5c98e650859aa28087e.jpg68cd84a2585c85c5c115d236c7ff9035.jpgfa110ed80bc9b154870bda7e5b43b127.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts