Got my 2010 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what hybrid you're speaking of, the the Tahoe Hybrid was rated 0-60 in 8.5 sec / the 2010 Tahoe PPV was 0-06 in 8.1 on flex fuel.
that is a 2009.5+ they "locked down" the acceleration to make it slower to make the batteries last a "little bit longer" to avoid warranty replacements.. the 80hp e-Motor has 82% of the torque of your 5.3l engine 335 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm

TORQUE (Lb-Ft)
367 at 4,100 rpm(engine only)
280ft-lb @ 0 RPM
Combined output is 472ft-lb @ 4100 RPM...

so your saying yours is magically faster when it has a 'slower engine'. they did not put a 5" drive shaft for the hell of it..

Last edited:
OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a 2009.5+ they "locked down" the acceleration to make it slower to make the batteries last a "little bit longer" to avoid warranty replacements.. the 80hp e-Motor has 82% of the torque of your 5.3l engine 335 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm

TORQUE (Lb-Ft)
367 at 4,100 rpm(engine only)
280ft-lb @ 0 RPM
Combined output is 472ft-lb @ 4100 RPM...

so your saying yours is magically faster when it has a 'slower engine'. they did not put a 5" drive shaft for the hell of it..

It's not magic.......I swapped from 3.08 to 3.73 gear with a locker, tuned on E85, ported LS7 throttle body, ported intake manifold, TSP long tube headers, custom Y pipe, Magnaflow 12259 muffler, resonator delete and a 200 lb weight reduction.

No magic again, just some basic rase truck mods. Next will be head and cam with DoD/VVT delete

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not magic.......I swapped from 3.08 to 3.73 gear with a locker, tuned on E85, ported LS7 throttle body, ported intake manifold, TSP long tube headers, custom Y pipe, Magnaflow 12259 muffler, resonator delete and a 200 lb weight reduction.

No magic again, just some basic rase truck mods. Next will be head and cam with DoD/VVT delete
your going to end up breaking the drive shaft if that has not been upgraded

can you do a peel out with TC on , no ok then..

this was totally unexpected amount of acceleration. and unintended (might have had something to do with the broken MAF sensor)

If I press the Gas and brake at the same time I can do a burnout as well with TC/stabilitrak on

I testing to see if the throttle overrides the brake peddle and it does basically when I did that it moved forward 4 inches this is a big problem I might upgrade the rotors and pads to corvette ones to improve my stopping power more! I was able to go from 52 mph to 18mph in 6.5 seconds on a steep down hill. 4-5% grade almost wreaked out on Sunday :S (nearly under steered)..
... sure it scared the shit out of that toyota driver

I downshifted into 3rd gear on M mode to help increase the stopping power if I was have downshifted from EVT 6th gear to 4th I would have gotten rear end by the car behind me (before the turn slot)as 4th gear is at 30+mph EVT "fuel saving mode"-6th gear is at 35-55 EVT2 5th gear is at 50+MPH to max speed
it's confusing i know.

20200430_155857.jpg

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
your going to end up breaking the drive shaft if that has not been upgraded

can you do a peel out with TC on , no ok then..

this was totally unexpected amount of acceleration. and unintended (might have had something to do with the broken MAF sensor)

If I press the Gas and brake at the same time I can do a burnout as well with TC/stabilitrak on

I testing to see if the throttle overrides the brake peddle and it does basically when I did that it moved forward 4 inches this is a big problem I might upgrade the rotors and pads to corvette ones to improve my stopping power more! I was able to go from 52 mph to 18mph in 6.5 seconds on a steep down hill. 4-5% grade almost wreaked out on Sunday :S (nearly under steered)..
... sure it scared the shit out of that toyota driver

I downshifted into 3rd gear on M mode to help increase the stopping power if I was have downshifted from EVT 6th gear to 4th I would have gotten rear end by the car behind me (before the turn slot)as 4th gear is at 30+mph EVT "fuel saving mode"-6th gear is at 35-55 EVT2 5th gear is at 50+MPH to max speed
it's confusing i know.

View attachment 249604
NOT ‘ITS CONFUSING’ BRENT......ITS MORE LIKE YOU ARE CONFUSING.........You clown

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost pull the wheels off the ground eh? [emoji1787][emoji1787]
All I can say to this whole comment is....nah bruh

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same damn thing, there is no way that thing is every going to be close to pulling the wheels, unless he puts a 20,000 pound load in the rear. I almost choked on my drink reading that comment, it takes a bit more than people realize to hang the hoops.

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Project name "Undercover Sleeper"

Completed (as of 30 JUL 2020)

- Dyno Tuned at LMP, Baltimore
- Texas Speed Long tube headers - 1 3/4 primary/3" collectors
- Texas Speed 3" catless Y Pipe
- Magnaflow muffler 12259
- Rear resonator delete
- Snake Eater Performance 102mm TB
- FAST LSX/rt 102 Intake manifold
- AiRaid MIT intake tube / AEM dry filter (70k)
- Airbox mod (opened up inner fender and matched the Airbox)
- Powerbond 25% under drive balancer w/ ARP crank bolt
- LSX Innovations - Light weight Alternator/PS pulleys
- Cleaned the MAF (70k)
- HPTuners - work in progress
- Denso IR plugs / Taylor 10.4mm plug wires
- Gates HD Green belt, AC belt, idler pulley, auto tensioner
- Atomic Fab Performance solid motor mounts
- Holley powder coated valve covers (Tall) / new braided hoses & inline PCV
- UDR Catch can (black with black braided lines)
- AC Delco Professional 48 series Battery (3/20)
- Royal Purple HMX oil change (70k/75k)
- Royal Purple 75w90 Diff service
- Tru Cooler MAX - 40k Trans Cooler / with custom brackets
- B&M Deep Trans pan - extra 2qts with drain/temp sensor ports
- Trans service (OEM fluid/filter/gasket) (4/20, 75K)
- Replace both Trans cooler lines (AC Delco)
- StopTech SS lines (front/Rear)
- DOT3 Flush
- AC Delco PPV front rotors
- EBC YellowStuff front pads
- Rear pads
- Aerotech gauge with column pod
- Innovate Wideband (in, 4x4 headlight bezel)
- XTRONs HU with backup camera & forward facing camera & GPS
- OEM Remote Start added - RPO AP8, GM part 19154445
- OEM Auto Dimming rear view mirror
- OEM mirrors with signals/puddle light - *needs BCM update*
- OEM DIC install
- OEM Tow/Haul shifter
- OEM Steering wheel Stereo controls
- Grant Leather wrapped OEM wheel w/ fresh OEM spoke covers
- Husky mats - front/back/cargo
- GoRhino push bar
- New headlight housings w/ LED HI & Lows
- OEM foglights added - OEM switch/lights and wired
- LED light bar, LED tag bulbs, LED brake lights, LED Dome lights (red)
- BellTech 2/3 drop (spindles/springs)
- OEM front strut/mounts and rear shocks
- Hellwig adjustable rear endlinks
- Yukon Gear&Axle (3.73 and Dura Grip) (Complete overhaul/rebuild @ 75k)
- Spohn adjustable Panhard bar
- AC Delco Professional front sway bar end links
- Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW-3 - (265/60R17)
- Airhorn install 150+DB

- Dropped the spare tire out, deleted the spare hoist/holder, removed OEM bottle jack and tool kit, removed the spare battery tray, removed about 5 lbs of spare antenna cable from the rear of the truck, removed excess brackets and cabling from under dash

Next up - Ready to install
* Tahoe Hybrid aluminum front bumper/crash bar - Ordered
* Yukon Denali center console

Fall 2020

** 6.2 swap (L9H) more power 403hp/417ftlbs and loss of 110 lbs, plus rec port heads
-------> No AFM but has VVT, so I will delete that and install a cam (cam can pick up 90 hp) I'll post the link for that later
-------> Engine specs for the L9H - Plug and play with the LMG 5.3 harness and uses the same PCM, but will need to be reflashed for the L9H 6.2 programming and tables
https://help.summitracing.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4848/~/chevy-l9h-engine-spec Engine specs for the L9H

Last edited:
OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some eye candy........parts coming together

Waiting on Amazon for the fuel rail mounts and new silicone coupler.

The real issue is finding a shop for tunes right now.... everything is booked thru Aug or Sep .......first world problems

IMG_20200711_085355.jpg IMG_20200711_085402.jpg IMG_20200711_085408.jpg IMG_20200711_085947.jpg

STANKHOE

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts