Got a really weird issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So last week I put my truck in park and it died literally the second park engaged. It killed my dash lights, radio, everything for about 10 seconds and then it all came back on.. minus it running. Restarted and it's been fine since.

Then today I pull up at the gas pump to get gas. Literally the second park engaged, the traction control disengaged and the dash said stability system disabled. Shut the truck off, restarted and its been fine.

2004 Yukon SLT 5.3 AWD.

These issues are only happening randomly and only when park engages.

Ideas?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So last week I put my truck in park and it died literally the second park engaged. It killed my dash lights, radio, everything for about 10 seconds and then it all came back on.. minus it running. Restarted and it's been fine since.

Then today I pull up at the gas pump to get gas. Literally the second park engaged, the traction control disengaged and the dash said stability system disabled. Shut the truck off, restarted and its been fine.

2004 Yukon SLT 5.3 AWD.

These issues are only happening randomly and only when park engages.

Ideas?

Start checking grounds. Namely the braided strap at the back of the block to the firewall. Also, the battery cables are notorious for corroding internally. Hard to tell by looking at them.