Got a 08 Avalanche my 2nd post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dizigidy

Reaction score
If you cut off the bump stop brackets in the rear, then at a 2/4 drop you shouldn't bottom out at all. The helper bag install was the easiest part of the of the entire drop. We put the air bags in the coils on the work bench before installing the coils. Then ran the tubing, no big deal.
With no load, just me driving back and forth to work everyday, I keep about 10 psi. Truck full of people, about 20 psi. and usually when I tow my boat I also have people with me, so I keep about 35-40 psi.

Before and after of rear bump stop brackets. Cutting out gives extra travel.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35645&page=3

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Freddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jordan....I'll double check the bump stops but I think we installed the button stops. Also thanks for the airbag info...I think I will pick up a set since they are not that expensive.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

When you put air in the bags does it raise the rear up a little?

Dizigidy

Reaction score
No problem. :) I installed the little button stops also, but after we cut the steel brackets of the frame. We used a 4.5" grinder with a cutting wheel and delicately cut through the welds of the bracket, then a sandpaper wheel to clean it up and rattle canned it real quick. Turned out ok.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

The airbags I purchased are only 6.5" tall without air so that when air is added they help to support the truck instead of lifting it up. Maybe a 1/4" at most. The model # I have is 60748. The ones meant for our trucks are like 10" tall for stock height.

OP
OP
F

Freddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like my installer put the belltech bump stops in so I think I may be hitting those every once and awhile. On your helper bags, how and where did you route your air hose to access? Could you run two seperate lines to help correct the chevy lean...mine sits a little lower on the driver side.

Dizigidy

Reaction score
From the top of the bag in the coil spring, the hose goes out the top of the spring pocket. Then routed tucked up underneath the body folowing the axel towards the gas tank. I then used a "T" and tied both lines together, but separate would enable you to help the lean. My truck leans to the drivers side also (1/4"F, 3/8"R). Continued to follow the fuel lines up to the fuel filler. Drilled a hole in the plastic and mounted the schrader valve right inside the fuel filler door. Makes for easy access. I think there's room for two valves.

OP
OP
F

Freddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thats exactly what I needed...glad to see Im not the only one with the "lean"...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972