Google assist has to go!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my iPhone and CarPlay for everything. I have a setting that only allows Siri when CarPlay is connected. “Hey Siri, take me home via Waze” works perfectly.
Wow, this sounds like a great solution, can you share the procedure ? Thank you very much in advance :thumbsup:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, this sounds like a great solution, can you share the procedure ? Thank you very much in advance :thumbsup:
pretty sure there is no way to make the iPhone control the vehicle functions that the Google Assistant does.

Example: “hey Google, set the heat to 76” changes the temp of the HVAC to 76. No way to get a CarPlay connected iPhone to do that, that I know of.

Jackal9580

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to disable the in-car google assitant on my '23 Tahoe in order to get it to perform like my '15 2500. Press button, say command, work without data package. Simple.

Edlee321

Reaction score
I agree, that google automotive on this vehicle feels like an Alpha build, i would not even call it beta test quality. The interface is soo basic, and its missing soo many features that were on 2021, let alone i had on my 2017 yukon.

Dont get me started on the factory Rear Seat Entertainment on the 2022 is by far the worst in the entire industry. GM should be ashamed, google completely bullshited them to put this on this truck, when it was clearly not ready.

Rear seat entertainment is missing critical features like USB file playback, and ability to control content from front screen, I assume rear seat entertainment is targeted towards small children, but how can small children control the interface when they are properly buckled in their seat, or too small to understand how to use a touchscreen. Every vehicle i have ever owned with rear seat gives the ability to control content from front screen, except this one.

Also, i repored these issues to GM multiple times, through service department, BBB, and directly to GM, and GMC, I started petitions online, and nobody at GM shows any sign of caring.

I post these messages online in hopes to help anyone who was planning on getting this Rear Seat Entertainment system feature, before they get stuck in this truck like i did.

Last edited:

SmokeyJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I get the part about Google Maps Favorites having to be saved.

Now how do I get that list to appear on the Infotainment system in my '22 Tahoe LT? The list that does appear is the locations that I frequently go to.

Jigitz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The infotainment just needs an overhaul. I have connected car with ATT. The processor in the head unit is incredibly slow. I don't know how approved it but they are really to blame of a lot of these issues (as well as googles poorly optimized software).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic