Goodyear Fortera 22" tire for a smooth ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TChas999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had 3 sets of Goodyear Fortera 305/45/22 inch tires on my 2007 Yukon Denali over the past 10 years, Got 70K miles out of each set and a great ride. Now that I've upgraded to a 2016 Yukon Denali and the Brickstones are about worn out, I'm looking to replace them with Forteras, but they have been back ordered / unavailable for 6 months now. Frustrating. What other brand is comparable for a smooth ride?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may sound like a broken record..

But the Michelin Defender LTX M/S. And I did check, they are available in the 305/45r22 if thats the size you are looking for.

Or if you are running the stock size, 285/45/R22, they are also available in the Michelin Defender LTX M/S

Had them on my Esky, loved em.... Have them on my Envoy, and just put a set on it, for the last 140k miles (3 sets).. Love em. Had them on my wives old Pontiac 6000, loved em.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had several sets of Michelin Defenders over the years and they are very good. My last set of Michelin's were the Premier LTX and they were even better from a ride and handling standpoint, but they are a soft compound, so don't expect them to last a long time. Well it cam time to replace my Premier LTX's last month and when I went to order them I was told the Michelin had discontinued them - uh oh... After some research I rolled the dice and bought the Michelin Cross Climate 2 - All I can say is that these may be the perfect tire for a 22 inch GM truck! They are very, very quiet, they corner and in snow they remind me of the old days when I would put Goodyear F32 snow tires on my vehicles in the winter. Darn near perfect in all regards.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was recommended the Michelin defenders on here and they are by far, the best riding tire I've owned. I blamed the gm 22s for being the cause of the shake on my Yukon, especially after replacing the Bridgestones with a new set of Bridgestone. Went with the Michelins and it's smooth as silk. I have a little vibration above 92-93 but that's to be expected

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident that Michelin Defender LTX are the best tires you can buy if you don't need a specialty tire. I have them on our Tahoe and on our GLC300. The ones on the Tahoe have 60,000 miles or more on them and are still at about 5/36 or a little deeper. Five years. I drive them in the snow plenty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts